What a Swampy mess!

Link and Malon went out into field Termina and headed down over towards the swamp area. They all stopped by a large tree with a small drawing on it.

Tatl flew over towards it and sighed sadly. "I remember this. Tael and I drew this with the Skull Kid when we first met him." She remembered when that was drawn, she closed her eyes and remembered that time those few days were the best time ever.

Flashback

It was a dark and rainy night. Both Tatl and Tael flew around looking for shelter from the rain. They looked over and went over to the large hollow log in the field. The two fairies held onto each other so they could warm up. But they heard someone whining right below them. The two looked over and shook from seeing a Skull Kid, they heard of tales of them always playing tricks on people. But when they looked at the Skull Kid they felt sadness coming from it. The two flew down and cuddled with him to try and stay warm.

The next day the three spent the day out in the field running around and playing. The Skull Kid even showed the two fairies how to play good tunes. The three ran over to the tree and drew themselves on the bark. They all made a promise that they would be friends forever.

But then one night the three played a curl prank on the happy mask salesman and stole the major's mask. It was weird that the skull kid grabbed that one. It was almost like it was calling to him. Something deep within the mask. Once he placed it on that's when he turned dark and all hell broke loose.

End of flashback.

"Well, once we get the mask back, Skull kid will return to normal. I hope." Tatl said as she flew up ahead.

"I hope we can save her brother and Skull Kid," Malon said with a sad frown.

Link takes Malon's hand. "I hope so as well, but as long as I have you with me I think we will do fine." He smiled as he pulled her along.

Malon blushed as she followed Link and saw Tingle hovering up in the air again with his red balloon. "Did he fallow us here?" She asked looking over at Link.

Link looked up. "I'm not sure, we don't have the money to buy one of his maps sadly. Oh, look a sign." The blonde said as he ran over to the wooden sign and read. "Hmm okay the swamp is straight ahead, and to the left is a shooting gallery and a fishing hole." He looks over at the redhead. "Let's catch some fish, so we can eat." He says as they turn left towards the fishing hole.

The three went down towards the fishing hole. They went through the door and went up to the fisherman.

"Oh, welcome! The two of you fishing?" The man asked looking at them.

"Just me." Link said looking up at the man.

"The fee is 50 rupees and you need to pick what fishing rode you want to use. A normal one or a sinking lure one."

The two kids frown sadly. "Um we don't have any money and we need a fish to eat." Link said looking up at the man sadly.

The man frowned and looked at the two kids. "Oh wow isn't that the saddest thing I've ever heard?" He said looking at the two kids. "Well, no money no fish get out." The man kicked both the kids out of his fishing hoke shop.

Both Link and Malon were just gobsmacked. "Wow, he kicked us out...he didn't care that we are kids and hungry." Link said looking at Malon.

"What a cruel world we live in. Well let's keep going I guess, and I hope we can find some food along the way." Malon said with a sad frown.

The three head down towards the southern swamp and saw a building up high. "Wonder why they build that up above the water," Malon said looking up at it.