unrequited love (or is it?)

snf week day two !!
college//high school au :)

--

"He's prettier than any girl I've ever seen," Dream said, completely unprompted.

Sapnap turned to him with a confused, flustered expression. "Huh?"

"Sap." Dream frowns. "You were staring at him."

Sapnap flushed harder, squirming uncomfortably in his seat.

"Don't get embarrassed, Idiot. Everyone stares at him. Guys, girls, no matter who they fancy, everyone just . . . stares. I mean, how could you not?" Dream chuckled, taking a sip of his cheap beer.

George is talking to some girl in the corner of the house, her bright red hair tightly curled and her coat draped off her shoulders. She was pretty but standing next to George Davidson, anyone would pale in comparison. He was leaning against the wall on his elbow, effortlessly smooth, watching her lips as she spoke like it was the most interesting conversation he had ever had when in reality he was likely bored to death of her. Sapnap watched his mouth quirk up into a smile, and then, George leaned in to kiss the girl.

Sapnap averted his gaze immediately, feeling a flash of jealousy rush through him. There was no reason to be jealous really, he barely knew the brunette. He'd only met him through Dream a few months back, yet he couldn't help falling for him. He's a damn angel.

"I think it's impossible to not fall for him a bit," Dream spoke up again. "I don't swing that way -- toward idiotic boys like him -- but Sap . . . he's just different. I don't think I've ever seen someone like him before. Even Karl can't compare and I've been with him for years." The blonde sighs. Sapnap wonders if he's just envious of the boy, how couldn't he be. George Davidson was absolutely smitten.

Sapnap nodded. "I know what you mean. It's hard to explain, but . . . In a way I do understand."

The blonde nudged Sapnap with his elbow, and he looked up, seeing George approaching their table.

"Ditched your little friend so soon?" Dream asked teasingly.

George chuckled, shaking his head. "Friend? I'd barely call her an acquaintance." He plopped down in the seat beside Sapnap -- far too close to be comfortable. He feels the heat radiating off the boy and wants to consume it. He wants to touch the brunette, hold him, anything. He just needs it. He's being selfish, he's completely aware, but he doesn't care. Anyone would feel the same way if they were sat so closely to such an angelic being.

It astounded him how little such intimate moments meant to George. How he could kiss women without even knowing their names, then turn on his heel and forget them in moments. He wondered if the brunette had ever kissed another man. Did he just turn away the same way? Or did he stay? His gaze traveled over the other man's features, noticing the red stain around George's lips. That pulled him out of his mind, and he couldn't help but giggle.

"What's so funny, Nicky?" George asked, quirking a curious brow. Nobody had ever called him by his first name. It was always a dumb nickname he'd made up years ago. But no, George just had to be different. He was always craving attention but Sapnap didn't mind. The boy deserved it. He was fucking immaculate. Everything about him was so perfect. He was art at it's finest.

"You have, uhm . . .  she . . ." Sapnap pointed.

"She gave you a makeover, Davidson!" Dream joked, leaning across the table to clap George on the shoulder.

George's thin fingers reached up to touch his lips, furrowing his brows. "Shit." He picked up a strayed napkin from the tabletop and wiped it across his mouth. His beautiful pink and plump lips . . . Sapnap finds himself entranced in the boy before he mentally slaps himself for thinking such thoughts.