Part 1

Monday 12:55pm

It was the peak of spring that fine Monday afternoon, when a curious Natalie decidedly roamed the school in search for the quietest spot that would suit her the spring weather. She quietly strolled around the art block, near the back of the school. Only her footsteps and the chirp of birds as well as the blow of the breeze were audible. Each sound harmonising with one another, creating a symphony that almost sounded musical.

There was one particular room at the end of the art block's hallway, which sat quietly like the other rooms, but seemed... not quite the same. There was someone inside. Natalie could sense it. A very discreet, friction-like noise trickled outdoors to where Natalie was standing. The movement of the sound was distinct enough for Natalie to compare it to the grinding of saw against wood. But it was as if only a very tiny saw and a puny piece of wood fashioned the scratching. 'A scratching! That's it!' thought Natalie. It was the chafing of paint brush against canvas.

Natalie stepped closer to the room. In her uninterrupted focus of reaching the room, an unlucky pot-hole unnoticeably lay 2 meters before her feet. Natalie could only afford a hurried peak through the art room's window. Inside, she caught a momentary glimpse of a boy her age, eagerly concentrated on his painting right before her foot was hooked into the pothole. Natalie fell. She fell onto the ground, landing with an anti-rhythmic racket which completely disharmonised the spring's proud orchestra.

Footsteps. There were fast-paced, hasty footsteps that increased in volume with each clack! The boy must've heard her. Before long, a tall, slim figure stood before Natalie, posing against the art room's door. Natalie looked up, ashamed of her unorganised state.

"Well, well, who have we got here?" his voice was proud British with charm and a slight sing-song to add to the season's tune. "Are you alright?"