8▪︎8

A week of pure bliss had passed. Stiles had become a permanent resident of Derek's family home, having snuck into his own family home to pack a bag of things he couldn't live without. The Spark never got a call or even a text from his father. Stiles had a feeling his father hadn't even noticed his absence. His heart ached dully, twisting the pit of his stomach to the point he was sick with sadness. The burning from the inside of his thigh kept him tethered to his newfound happiness.

Derek kept him busy. Every day was filled with learning more about each other, filling the emptiness with laughter and cheeky remarks. Every night before bed Derek would press a warm kiss to the mating bite and then Stiles lips, and every morning he'd kiss the mark after his mates lips. Without fail Stiles would burst into a smile, pulling the werewolf down so he could press kisses to Derek's nose.

Their happiness never faltered, a smile seemed to always be present on Derek's lips and the stench of abandonment had dissipated from Stiles person. Isaac would occasionally stop by for lunch, swelling with happiness and hope for the future. The world had gained a new light it seemed, with the door opening for the three to make a new life for themselves. Time had come - a little late or at the perfect moment who was to say - for a change within Beacon Hills.

"There's a full moon next week." Stiles reminded Derek and Isaac as he flipped through the muted tv channels. It was Friday evening. Dinner had been cooked and Isaac was invited to a mock pack night to binge movies and lay waste to Derek's stash of microwave popcorn and candy.

Isaac plopped down on the couch beside Stiles and popped open a can of soda, dirty-blond curls bouncing as he made himself comfortable. Derek sat down on Stiles other side, setting a bowl of popcorn on the coffee table.

"Yea, Wednesday, right? We should do the ritual then. I say we go for it." Isaac mumbled around a mouthful of peanut m&ms.

Derek grunted in agreement, swirling the ice in his glass of bourbon. Gently the elder were wrapped his arm around his mates shoulders, pulling the Spark into his side. With a content sigh Stiles melted into Derek's side, shifting to throw his legs over Issacs lap.

"We should probably plan it, or at least have a backup if the proverbial shit hits the fan. I say that night while Scott is on patrol through the reserve we jump him. Derek, Isaac, I trust you two to hold him still. One of you will have to force him to bite me on the forearm. Whoever gets there first must force Scotts jaws, I trust both of you to get the job done when push comes to shove. Scott will no doubt fight back, his pack too. Don't explain anything to any of them if they ask, we don't owe them jack shit." Stiles mused, stealing a sip of Derek's bourbon, wrinkling his nose at the strong liquor. Derek snorted in soft amusement, patting Stiles shoulder gently before taking a sip himself. Even though the liquid did nothing to alter him, Derek enjoyed the burn in the back of the throat and the taste bourbon provided. It was a guilty pleasure he indulged himself in very sparsely.

"Well, lets do it then. Wednesday night, just after midnight on the full moon, we force a bite from the true Alpha of Beacon hills. Then, we'll make our own little pack and work from there!" Isaac cheered, spilling pop onto his shirt. He stared at his chest, frowning before turning his attention back to the muted tv. He made a sound of satisfaction before hastily pointing at the tv.

"Lets watch that!" The curly haired man cheered, eyes filling with excitement.

Derek and Stiles turned their attention to the tv, nodding along with Issacs declaration. The tv was unmuted and volume turned up. The three men relaxed on the couch and enjoyed their evening, basking in the warmth of each other and the new future coming.

-

-

-

-