Part 1:

I was terrified as I went up, up, and up. I curled into a ball and screamed for it to stop.

When it stopped, I stopped screaming. I saw figures. The sun was blinding and I could only see their silhouettes. They opened the box and I could see their faces better. There were many shocked boy faces and one girl face. She was beaming from ear to ear!

"Yes! Oh my god, yes! Another girl! Finally!"

She ran off and screamed in happiness. Everyone looked at one brunette boy and he shrugged.

"I'll go check on her."

The boy walked away and everyone stared down at me. I looked around the circle. Really? Only one girl? Well, two now.

I stood up. I was an inch taller than average height, but I still couldn't reach the top.

"Here, let me help you."

A blonde haired boy reached his hand down for me to grab.

"Thank you."

He pulled me out and everyone was staring at me. I looked around and was shocked. Tall, and I mean TALLLLL, stone walls were surrounding everything. However, this place was pretty big.

I looked again at the blonde haired boy, who was watching my reaction closely. He stared at me for a second and he reached out for me to shake his hand.

"Hi, I'm Newt."

My stomach had butterflies from his really cute accent. I smiled and took his hand.

"Hi. Y/N."

"Hello, Y/N."

I felt something from his touch. I looked down at our hands which were together even after our handshake. He noticed and let go. If I'm not mistaken, he turned a light shade of pink, so I'm pretty sure he felt it too.

"Well, I'll explain everything to you, and Teresa will tour you. She seems pretty eager to meet another girl."

"So, there are no other girls besides her?"

"Yep."

"Okay. So she was the one that was screaming excitedly about me being here."

"Yeah," Newt chuckled.

...

Newt explained everything and he thought I took it pretty well. I was calm and he led me to Teresa for the tour. When she saw me, she squealed.

"I was hoping that someday there'd be another girl, and here she is!"

I smiled at her.

"I'll leave you in Teresa's expert care," Newt smiled at me and walked away.

"Hi. I'm Y/N."

"Hi!"

She took me by the hand and we started the tour. She showed me the Homestead, the Deadheads, the Gardens, and the Slaughterhouse. When we were still walking around, I decided to ask her some questions.

"What was it like being the only girl here?"

"It was kind of okay. All of the boys were a bit surprised to see a girl, but they acted fine. I think since I'm taken now, they're gonna be a little bit different to you than they were to me."

"Who are you taken by?"

"Thomas."

"He was the one that went to check on you after you ran off screaming?"

She laughed and nodded.

"Yep. That was Thomas."

"Okay."

...

I felt like Teresa was a generally nice girl. At first she came off as a little crazy, but I guess being stuck here with 50 guys and no other girls to be friends with makes you excited when you finally get one. I realized I would probably act the same way.

By the time the tour was done, it was breakfast time. So, she led me to where we had our breakfast and we walked to a group of her friends.

"Hey guys! This is Y/N."

She gestured towards me and I smiled and waved at them. She sat by her boyfriend and I sat on the other side of her.

"So this is Thomas, Minho, Frypan, Gally, Chuck, and you've already met Newt."

They all said hi to me and I said hi back. Teresa was right, they were acting different than what she described as how they acted towards her. Most of them were staring at me and attempting to make me laugh.

I also found out that most of everyone at the tables was a keeper of something. And if not, they were very good at their job and everyone knew them.

I kind of felt like I didn't fit in with them.

(Newt's POV)

I felt like Y/N was the perfect addition to this group. Everyone seemed to like having another girl around. Teresa, especially. I secretly hoped that she'd be a really good gardener.

Looking at the way she laughed made me laugh, too. I could tell my best friend, Thomas, also loved to see how Y/N made his girlfriend happier.

I could notice Teresa eyeing the boys during eating, but mostly me. I payed little to no attention to it.

...

(Maya's POV)

I loved how many of the boys accepted me so easily. They seemed to be liking me, maybe in "that" way, or maybe not.

Anyways, I was walking with Teresa when she said that I should go try out the Track-hoe job first.

"Why?" I questioned.

"I think you'd be the best at it. Go talk to Newt."

She gently pushed me in the direction of the gardens.

"Oh, Teresa? I never asked you what job you were."

"Oh, I'm a runner like Thomas."

"Ok. Bye."

She waved and I started to walk to where Newt was working.

"Hey, Newt?"

He stopped his work and looked at me.

"Yeah?"

"Teresa said I should try this job first."

"Oh, ok."

He told me that he was picking strawberries. He showed me how to do it and I started.

"Good."

"Thanks."

Out of the corner of my eye I saw that he was still looking at me. I turned back to look at him. He turned away.

"Sorry."

"It's okay," I laughed.