Chapter 6

(^^^ Midnight Kim ^^^)

It's real dark when a vehicle pulls up. Glenn and a weak looking T-Dog get put and Maggie leads them inside while Glenn tries not to check her out as he gives her the painkillers and antibiotics.

Beth and Arden have returned earlier from their ride. They're sitting in the living room. Beth leads T and Glenn into the room where Carl is.  Everyone is still waiting for Shane and Otis to return.

"Thanks for riding with me earlier," Arden say  to the blonde teen. "I needed that."

"I know you did," Beth replies. "Maggie did, too. It's probably why she suggested it."

"Yeah, probably," Arden replies. "It was nice, and it kept my head off of Carl. But I still worry. I don't know where my daughter Sora is."

Beth reaches over and she grabs Arden's hand. "Let's get Carl cared for and we'll discuss finding Sora."

"Thank you."

Beth smiles kindly at the woman. "You're welcome."
***********

Beth leads Arden upstairs to a bedroom and she has her lay down. "We'll wash your clothes in the morning and hang them to dry."

"I can make a tent outside."

"You're pregnant, Arden," Beth scolds. "You're sleeping inside. I'll talk to daddy and make sure of it. Maybe you can ride Midnight alone tomorrow and get a lay of the land. See how much ya like it... do you believe in God?"

"I do," Arden replies. "He's testing us. With this apocalypse."

"That's the way I see it," Beth replies. "I'll ask Maggie to keep an eye out for formula. Get some rest. I'll let you know if there's any good news on Carl."

Beth closes the door as Arden blows the candle out.
**********

Shane goes upstairs and he checks on Arden after what he did to Otis. He sees her sleeping in a bed, curled up with a pillow. He hopes to continue searching for Sora and Sophia in the morning if Carl's doing okay after the surgery that Hershel and Patricia are performing.

He glances at her stomach that's shielded with the pillow. Shane knows she didn't want his baby, and he can't say that he blames her. That's why he won't step up. He'll let Daryl be the dad. He goes outside and learns that Carl had stabilized and Rick hugs the veterinarian. Then Hershel tells Patricia about Otis dying.

Shane checks in on Arden again before going down to see Carl and Lori. He's glad the boy will be all right. Really damn glad. He goes up to the bathroom to take a shower, to get cleaned up.

Once she knows Patricia will be okay, Beth goes upstairs and she lays down beside Arden. She feels safe with the sword and dagger wielding Korean mother. She's a great woman and she makes Beth feel safe. Beth falls asleep and is asleep when Hershel pokes his head in to check on her and he goes back downstairs to be sure Patricia's okay.