Chapter - 11

Accompanying this man anywhere is a bad idea. He sounds completely deranged. He is a madman talking about stories like they are real. Nadia thought warily.

Everything she had learned in school, everything she knew to be facts, this man was contradicting it all.

Nadia couldn't decide if he was making a fool out of her or if he was completely loosing his marbles.

What he was claiming, all the things he was explaining, it was straight out of fiction. Something like this was not possible. It couldn't be.

And yet, as soon as he mentioned the name of this place, the real name, she was hit by an overpowering sensation of deja vu. Like her body felt it to be real. Like some part of her soul already knew. It terrified her. Maybe she was the mad one.

Nadia opened her mouth to say something, I am going to tell him how ridiculous he sounds, tell him he is mad, Tell him to leave me alone.

"Tell me more", she said instead. Stupid. Nadia was furious with herself. Stupid.

She was very conscious of her ears burning hot which in turn made her more embarrassed. He is going to see.

Nadia looked up to meet his eyes. But Falcon was not even looking in her direction, let alone notice her discomfort.

He was looking out of the window. He seemed to be focused on the woods beyond her orchard deep in thought.

Without turning he said, "Tell me something. The spoor. Why did it fall in the woods? This is your home. It should have landed around here."

"What do you mean? In the woods-". Nadia gasped. That had what happened to her beautiful clearing. The only place that bought her peace.

"You are the ones who destroyed it..." she looked wide eyed at Falcon. He looked back at her quizzingly .

At any other time, she would have been furious. She would have lashed out at him. But so much was already happening, she doubted her brain could process enough for her to form coherent words. Also, she noted surprisingly, she was beginning to trust his words. Maybe that is exactly what he wants.

Nadia shook her head, "It used to be a beautiful meadow in the heart of the woods. I spent majority of my time just lying there. If I had to say why that stone located me there was probably because I have felt more at home there by myself than in this house."

She couldn't read his expression. He did not say anything, just a gave a tight nod.

Sound of heavy footsteps on the wooden stairs reached them.

Falcon turned his head towards the sound and said mockingly, "Prioritizing comfort, are we old man? Must be nice getting a bed to sleep in while us peasants broke our necks on the couch."

Father Clay appeared before them still primly dressed and hair combed neatly back. Rude was one thing, Nadia wondered if he was even human. Does this man ever get tired?

He looked at Nadia and then Falcon and grunted as a way of greeting. Leaving with them also meant being around Father Clay .Nadia got exhausted just thinking about it.

Falcon turned to her, "I will tell you everything you want to know , miss. But for now, lets eat breakfast and prepare for the journey."

Nadia didn't want him to leave. She thought talking to him would answer some of the questions she had but her head felt more tangled than ever. However bonkers his explanations seemed, it was better than Nadia being left alone at the mercy of her own thoughts.