𝘊𝘢𝘮𝘱 𝘮𝘰𝘮 (🚀)

[[ written by R.N ]]
[[edited by HotPocket]]

Space kid &  counsellor Y/N
!!PLATONIC!!
!!IF ANY OF YOU THINK THSI IS ROMANTIC GO COMMIT DIE!!

'God, why did I have to get stuck cleaning the mess hall' y/n thought, sighing as they picked up different art supplies

Y/N was a counsellor at Camp Campbell and your were doing alright! Well, 'alright' just means that nobody has died...of your campers... But there was one kid that was your favourite, Neil! he called himself space kid though. He immediately took a liking to you so you were kinda like his mum.

you were cleaning up at the camp. David,Gwen and you drew straws to see who had to clean up after today's activities. Lucky for David and Gwen they got the long straws.

Y/n rubbed the um...questionable pictures off the walls and flopped their body onto the chair behind her.

"What time is it" the young counsellor mumbled under her breath, reaching onto the table to grab their phone when they heard a small noise coming from somewhere.

it sounds like... snorting? No, it was too soft.

Was it...dragging? No...it sound also like squelching as if it was the QuarterMaster dragging his sack around.

What was it...

Wait... it's crying! You realise as you start to look for the source. You wonder around trying for a bit and then you see a helmet!

"Little astronaut? Is that you?" You say as you slowly approach where you think he is.

You immediately see the helmet being dragged off behind the tree and the sound of it being put on.

"What? Oh howdy Y/N! Uhhh... I wasn't crying! I was just looking at the stars!" He  pops out from behind the tree and try's it out on a smile. But you can see his puffy red eyes and tear marks running down his face. You go  down on one knee and ask him  "why were you crying? Did something happen?"

He stood there for a couple second till he quickly goes back to bursting into tears
"I miss my mom! I miss her! And I wanna go home!" He cries as he hugs your thigh. The short boy could only reach there.

"Hey...hey! Look at me!" You say as you slide down  the nearest tree to sit down. You pick him up and place him on your lap.

"I miss my family and friends too but it's gonna be okay!" He still is frowning obviously still sad

"... how about I'll be your camp mom? Would you like that?" You say smiling at him. As he looks up at you he gets the biggest grin on his face and starts to smile.

"Okay! Thank you mom!" He laughs happily. You smile down at him and suddenly pick him up.

"Okay buddy we should both probably head to bed now it's seems late" you say when you hear a soft yawn. Space kid was curled up by your side with his head on your shoulder, asleep.

You sigh and start heading over to his tent. When you get to the identical tent you easily pick out space kids tent, since you came over here often to wake the campers.

You unzip the tent and entered. The tent was small and had many questionable doodles on the Dolf's side while the other side had small rocket ship stickers and those little glow in the dark stars you can stick on your ceiling.

Placing the small boy down, you tucked him in and kissed his forehead.

"Good night, little astronaut"