Omega

Dakota is a simple girl at least to her that's how her life appears

Dakota is a simple girl at least to her that's how her life appears. Both her parents, a loving yet annoying younger brother, a great best friend and a crush on a guy she can't seem to get with. See, simple.

She currently sits in a hospital listening to her parents fight over her brother. Hearing the same argument over and over again is getting old for her, that's why she would rather listen to Isaac complain about their formal night. First it was too boring and now he's complaining because he missed the drama at the end of the night. Her little brother, Henry catches her eye as he rubs his stomach looking at Dakota. 'Candy?' She mouths to him, causing a nod.

She looks down at her phone letting Isaac know that she will call later before clearing her throat trying to get her parents to look at her. "He needs to come home, Daphne. He needs to be comfortable and not hooked up to some machines." Her dad, Michael yells at his wife of twenty years, Daphne. "He needs to stay here and get treatment. Not playing video games."

Dakota clears her throat again as she stands up grabbing her purse and phone. Both of her parents look back at her not missing her mother staring daggers at her, "I'm going to get some food or coffee. Need anything?"

"No," her dad sighs, "No, no thank you Kota. Why don't you get something for your brother too? Just-" She watches as her dad struggles to get out a ten dollar bill handing it to her, "Thank you."

Dakota smiles before sending a wink to her brother. She laughs as she walks out of the room as her parents go back to arguing. Walking down from her brother's room she spots a familiar face standing by the vending machine.

"Stiles? Hey." Dakota calls out, causing the boy to look back with a smile. "Kota - Dakota, hey." Stiles stutters causing the girl to laugh. "You can call me Kota. We've talked enough these past few days."

It was true, the two went to strangers to talk every day. That happened because Stiles sat at the hospital day after day waiting for Lydia Martin. Dakota remembers hearing the screams for Jackson the night of the formal as he held a bloody Lydia in his arms. She just took a step outside as she let Isaac get her car. The next day she met Stiles here as she waited for her brother to get surgery.

"How's-" "Henry? Oh, he's doing fine, he's coming home tonight." Dakota cuts off Stiles as the two stand around, "How's Lydia?"

Stiles hums as he tilts his head causing the girl to laugh, "You haven't actually seen her yet? Have you?" Dakota bites her lip looking away as the boy narrows his eyes at her, "So, candy?" Dakota chuckles as Stiles moves out of the way letting the girl go first. "Gummy bears? Nice." Stiles comments as Dakota leans down picking up the bag.

"My brother's favorite. Plus, it's easy to steal a few." Dakota mutters as she tears open the bag stepping back letting Stiles go in front of her.

Dakota can hear Stiles talking to himself as she leans against the wall. "Do you need help?" Stiles turns around causing the girl to back up as he shakes his head. "Are you sure?"