Chapter 1

Shane Walsh couldn't handle just Lori Grimes, a windower. He loves her, he knows he loves her, but he hadn't been able to take his eyes off of Arden Kim since she and her daughter, Sora, found them a couple weeks ago. And he finally got her.

For thirty minutes and right before Lori, but he did. Arden is now helping her daughter and the other kids with their homework. Shane has went off now to the woods and Lori asks Arden to watch her bit, Carl, while Dale keeps watch and Amy cooks some dinner.

"Mom, where did you and Shane go?" Sora asks when Sophia goes to find her mom, Carol.

"Don't worry about it, baby," Arden says with a slight smirk.

"MOM!" Sora laughs. "Bad mom."

"I know, I know," Arden replies. "It's not like the one I like likes me."

Sora smiles. She knows her mom likes the redneck, Daryl Dixon. Sora approves because Daryl is actually nice to her and he's been teaching her how to hunt and to skin the animals. The ten-year-old prefers him to Shane. Shane gives off a scary vibe that makes her nervous.

"When you get older and start liking boys, you'll understand," Arden says to her daughter. "Go play with Carl, but stay where enter Dale or I can see you."
******

"It's late," Amy says later on as she paces, Dale and Jim are working on the RV. "They should've been back by now."

"Worrying won't make it better," Dale tells the blonde.

Arden smiles at them as she goes to where her and Sora's rent are. She is taking her and her baby's clothes off the line when they hear the radio cackling. She and the adults hurry over, along with the kids. T-Dog is telling them that he and the others are stuck at a store and they're surrounded, but they're not getting good signal.

"He said the department store," Lori says from beside her son.

"I heard it too," Dale replies from the top of the RV where the radio is.

"Shane?"

"No way," Shane declines Lori, avoiding having to look at Arden because he and she both know that was a one time thing. "We do not go after them. We do not risk the risk of the group. Y'all know that."

"So we're just going to leave her there?" Amy asks, referring to her sister, Andrea.

"Them," Sora corrects her. "Andrea isn't alone, Amy. Uncle Chul is out there."

Arden's brother is Chul Kim and he went with the others to Atlanta. He is also running late. What the gang at camp don't know is that Chul has just used himself and let himself get eaten so that Glenn Rhee and Rick Grimes to get to a truck in the rain and it worked. His death saved the others.
*********

After picking and checking the berries, Arden goes to camp and sit sits on a log with Sora and passes her a few. Sora leans against her mother's side and eats the berries with her.