Duty

Duty.

The Osaki Family was very familiar with this term, it was like every second day you heard it. With your family name came responsibilities, expectations and a warped sense of reality. Warped because your reality was very different from most people.

Duty came in different forms. For Shotaro, it was completing his extensive education and taking over the business side of the family, succeeding your father's work. Your mother's was to sit there and look pretty, the face of the family as of now, a sympathetic heroine of sorts ever since your father deceased. Yours was to extend family relations, and keep the prestige. You were going to take your mothers place, not something you were particularly looking forward to, but it had to be done.

It was your duty, after all.

The cruise was a way to get away from these duties, by keeping them at the forefront of your mind, replaying like a broken cassette tape.

"Y/n Osaki", someone called out, and you looked up from your seat. You were sitting on the deck of the ship, reading in peace with your phone by your side in case of emergency. You recognized the woman as Kun's sister.

"Yuxi, If I'm not mistaken?", you asked, moving aside on the bench to give her room to sit. She crossed her legs, propping one hand on the backrest of the bench and smiling, "Tis I!", her voice was cheerful, "I'm terribly bored of being surrounded by my brothers, so I thought I'd find you and talk to one of the female specimens", she joked, causing your lips to upturn into a smile.

"Talking seems wonderful", you assured her, "What would you like to talk about?"

"Anything honestly, something that isn't about 'who's the man'", she drawled, an unamused look on her face as she supposedly referenced her brother's banterring. Her eyes cast down to your book, "Jane Austen hmm? My brother loves that book"

"Which one?"

"Kun", she answered, shifting in her seat, "He can argue for hours about whos the better character," she smirked, stretching out her legs, "I love my family, but I'm tired of them"

"I understand that far better than you think", you said, "I sometimes wish we weren't related"

"You're one to talk", she snorted, "You have just about everything you'd ever need and more."

"I'll be losing it all in a little, I assume you know this", you smiled sadly. She nodded, "Alright", she said, "Perhaps you have everything except freedom"