Epilogue

"Mother?..."

"Hello Mal my darling daughter," Maleficent says looking around.

"But...you were a lizard!" Mal exclaims confused. She remembers when Fairy Godmother told her the only way Maleficent would come back to her true form is when she learns to love. Maleficent smiles. "Believe it or not...I've changed. Becoming a lizard gave me a lot of time to think about things and who I want to be. And....I want to be your mother Mal. I know I haven't been a good one and I've neglected you. If you let me...I want to be in your life along with my granddaughter."

Mal couldn't believe it. Her mother actually wanted to change. She thought she'd be a lizard for a lot longer. She goes up to her slowly being prepared for any tricks she has up her sleeve. She makes it up to her. "Really? You really want to change? No tricks?" Maleficent nods smiling and Mal smiles too and hugs her catching her mother off guard. She slowly hugs back and smiles. They hug for the first time in forever. Everyone watches in awe as the all powerful Maleficent has chosen happiness over being evil.

"Well mother...would you like to see your granddaughter?" Mal asks. Maleficent nods smiling and they both walk over to the bassinet. Amelia babbles happily, Ben tickling her stomach. They make it over and Ben looks up. Maleficent looks at Ben and holds her hand out. "Ben...you're my daughters wife and father of my granddaughter. I would like to apologize to you too...for all the pain I caused." Ben smiles and holds her hand. "Mal sees that you changed and I trust Mal so I trust you." Maleficent smiles. She then looks down at her granddaughter. Amelia looks up at her and smiles reaching for her. Mal smiles nodding to her mother, allowing her to hold her.

Maleficent picks her up out of the bassinet and cradles her. She looks down and smiles softly. "Hello little one...I'm your grandmother. I'll make sure you're nothing but happy. You have great parents and you're going to have a great life." She kisses her forehead. Mal and Ben watch smiling. Today couldn't get any better.

Three years later

Amelia is now three years old. She is a perfect combination of Mal and Ben. She's even starting to show some magic abilities. Mal is overjoyed. She knew it was a fifty fifty shot of Amelia being magical since Ben is human. Amelia loves to run in the garden and pick flowers for them. She loves having tea parties with her stuffed animals. She loves going to the enchanted lake with her parents. Belle and Adam love watching their granddaughter. She has all Mal's traits. She has her stubbornness and courage. Ben loves how she's like a mini Mal and Mal loves it even more.

They can't believe after everything...the kingdom is at peace. No barriers will ever be put up keeping people out again. The kingdom had festivals and days were just normal. Mal loves having a real connection with her mother. Evie, Jay and Carlos have a good connection with their parents as well. Sometimes only them will go hang out like old times. Evie and Doug got married a year ago and Jane and Carlos just got engaged. Jay and Lani finally got together and Mal knows they'll end up getting married as well. Everyone is happy and everything is great.

Mal looks at her family and smiles grateful for everything that has happened. She knows in their lives....only more adventure awaits.
______________________________
hi guys! this is the last chapter! i hope you all loved this story as much as i loved writing it! thank you to everyone who has supported this story! all your comments mean the world to me!