A GIFT [MATTHIAS HELVAR]

THIS FEATURES A FEM!READER!!

Prompts: D12. Ribbon + D17. Smile

Word count: 426

You let out a long yawn as you wrote little notes about the building the Crows were planning to have a heist to. Being a former architect was important when the blueprint didn't have markings of different rooms, but you knew the Ravkan building style - you knew exactly how the rooms were usually placed. A secret passageway and how to get into it. Where there was always a dead end.

Where Kaz could assume the guards moves and the best way to get in, you were his best bet with complex blueprints. Sometimes he just seemed to think that you were a superhuman who would tirelessly work without sleep for days on end. He was like that, and he sometimes required it from you too, especially if he was in a bad mood.

"Y/N."

You heard your lover's voice from the door as you were frustratedly looking through the maps Kaz had assigned you to look over, and you turned around, smile breaking to your face as you saw Matthias standing there with his hands behind his back.

"You're back early." you sighed contently and took a few steps closer to him. "Not that I'm complaining, I need a break."

The moment you were just a few more steps away from him, he slowly revealed his hands which were holding a huge bouquet of flowers. "For you."

"Oh, you shouldn't have. Thank you." you took the bouquet and smelled it and then saw a rectangular, medium-sized box lying in the middle of the flowers, and you frowned. "Matthias, it isn't even my birthday." you looked at the silky box which had a clumsily tied ribbon around it.

"I know, but I wanted to get you something. You've been working so hard." he looked at the box as you took the ribbon off and opened it, revealing a beautiful pendant inside. Your eyes widened.

"Matthias..." you gasped, carefully taking the pendant off from the box and examining it in awe, as it glistened in the dim light of your room. "It's... I..."

You smiled so brightly, making your boyfriend's heart flutter. Matthias returned your smile, as he turned your body to face him and carefully took the pendant from you. You turned around, letting him put it on you, all while fingering the diamond on it. He clasped the lock in place and pressed a gentle kiss on your shoulder. "Do you like it?"

You turned around to face him again, taking his hands in yours, and Matthias swore his heart had never been happier than when he gazed in your eyes. "It's beautiful. Thank you."