1 - My cat is such a gossiper

Echo’s P.O.V.

“Ava!! Your gonna be late!!” I yell from the bottom of the stairs. I stomp into the kitchen and nearly fall on my face because of my grace, I have no grace I am soooo clumsy, and hoist myself up on the counter top. My legs swinging as I watch my mother make us breakfast. Ava won’t eat; she never does before an audition.

Hi, my name is Echo Elvira Shadow Marteens, yeah weird I know and I am 19 years old as of yesterday. My mum had this feeling about me apparently. According to her I will marry a dark man, not dark as in his looks but he will have a dark past and I must show him the light. My mum is a physic, a real one who does actually see the future. To others she’s weird but I love her. She is the best mum ever; I and mum are really close, closer then me and Ava or mum and Ava and mum. She is just so different. And here she comes.

*pat pat pat pat pat pat*

Their she goes, fucking fairy feet.

“Hello everyone, no breakfast for me Raven. I have an audition. Oh and Echo can you take me to the town hall?” She says in her bossy voice. I feel sorry for mum. Avaleen or ‘Ava’ she likes to be called because Avaleen is too weird, doesn’t call mum, mum she says because its not cool to call your mother mum but we all know its because she’s embarrassed by her family and its freakiness.

“Sure” I mutter scowling as I get a lemon mousse out of the fridge. I hate it when Ava treats us more like staff. “You coming to the audition mum?” I turn to mum completely blanking Ava and smiling at mum.

“Nope I have a reading to do.” Mum says in her soft whispery voice. She looked a lot like me, light blonde hair, green eyes and a tiny figure. I know that Ava was jealous of our looks, Ava had dark brown hair and blue grey eyes. Just like our father.

My father died 9 years ago, when I was 10. He was at a green festival when a stall caught fire and he went to rescue a child that was trapped, he managed to save the child but then the stall next to it collapsed on him. Ava was always much closer to him than he was with me. Maybe that’s why she doesn’t like us anymore, because we don’t remind her of father.

After I finished my mousse I stomped upstairs.

“Where are you going?” Ava said in her demanding voice.

“To get changed, unless you want me to go in my pyjamas?” An with that I slammed my bedroom door. I love my room, it’s got 3 black walls and one red wall. At the red wall is my black cast iron four poster bed, with heavy red curtains and red bedding. My mum says I’m dramatic, I say that I like red.

I go over to my walk in closet and look through my clothes. I don’t wear much pink or pastel colours so all my clothes are quite dark. Ava say’s I’m an emo but I don’t listen to her, the only person I listen to is my mum and Jinx.

Jinx is my best friend, he is really tall and has dark hair. He is 19 like me, so we are both in the same college, He does a sport and leisure course while I do art, drama and music.

I pull on a pair of black distressed jeans, a red plaid shirt with a black belt, black converse boots and grabbed my phone.

I skipped over to my bathroom and quickly texted Jinx.

Hey J!! Ava has an audition, you in? – E xx

I put my phone down and brushed my teeth, I quickly ran a brush through my wavy hair. I was about to apply my lipstick when I got a reply.

You woke me up!! :0 shame on you Eccy!! And of course, how can I miss watching your sister fail epically, again. I’m gonna bring my camera this time, text me when your at mine. I’M REAAAADY!! – J <3

I couldn’t help but grin as I thought of all of Ava’s past performances. Putting it lightly, she sucked at acting. It was hilarious watching her try and fail.

I left the bathroom then walked downstairs and was doing so well with walking but then I trip on air, bashed into the dining room table and then tripped and fell on my face. I’m like a bloody ballerina.

I quickly got up and looked around o check no one had seen this. The only living creature in the room was Salem, our cat, he is so going to tell. Great, now all the cats are gonna laugh at me.

Yep, well only if I tell them.

You, you talked.

No you can understand animals it’s your physic gift, only you can hear me and no one can hear you.

But why couldn’t I talk to you before?

Because yesterday you came of age, that is when people like you and your mother get their powers.

Should I tell mum?

Yeah if you want.

 Kay, bye talk to you later?

Bye and I guess.

I walked into the kitchen finding my mum washing up. When she saw it was me she gave me a smile but turned back to wash up. I decided that I was just gonna tell her straightforward.

“I found out my physic gift.” I say in a hushed voice so Ava wouldn’t hear us. Mum turned towards me, eyes bright with excitement.

“What is it.” She replied in the same tone as me while drying her hands on a dishcloth.

“I can talk to animals.” As soon as that came out my mouth mum took my hands in hers and skipped around the kitchen, all the while babbling on about how she can’t wait to learn more about my powers. When she stopped she pressed me into a tight hug.

Someone cleared their throat so we looked up to find the impatient face of Ava. Me and mum broke apart.

“Talk to you later mum.” I called over my shoulder as I skipped to the foyer. Yes we have a foyer, our house is actually a mansion. Apparently we have a lot of old money, and I hate to saw that I will inherit more of it because I am older. Ava is three years younger, too be honest I think 16 is too young to be an actress but don’t tell her or she will try to claw your face off. I shrugged on my leather jacket and black beanie.

I turned to Ava and assessed her outfit. I only had one thing to say to her.

“You look like a whore.” She had on a tiny skater skirt, white blouse and black high heels.

With that I flounced out and walked to where my car was in our drive. My car was my baby, it was a red mini cooper with a black roof. I got into the drivers side. I was clicking on my belt when I finally turned to Ava. Get in the back, Jinx in coming with us. She quickly got in the back, clicked her belt in place and closed the door.

I then started the car. We drove to Jinx’ house in silence, I really only ever talk to her around mum and its still at a minimal then. As I pull up outside Jinx’ I ring him.

“Heyy Eccy” He says.

“Hey J, you really should stop calling me that it’s embarrassing, anyway we are outside your – dick cut me off!!” I exclaim. He then walked out the house and stalked to my car. When he got in he proudly showed me his camera.

“It’s even in HD!” he exclaims, we both turn and give Ava a sinister smile.

“Lets go.” I say after we turn around. I start the car again and started to drive towards the town hall, when we get there I fumble in the glove compartment looking for my headphones. I also grab my sketch bag from under the passenger seat, if I’m here I may as well sketch.

---------------------------

A/N

New story, Personally love this idea so yeaaaah!!

Its only PG because there may be heated scenes and LOADS of bad language to be honest.