Time

Time is not an obstacle, it is our friend.

- Making peace with the concept of time

You can never really give yourself a time limit.

You can give yourself an estimate or an idea of when you want to achieve something but you should never stop once you have passed that deadline.

Progress is progress no matter how small, it can take someone years to achieve their goal but once they have, it'll be worth it.

The longer it takes; the more you learn. You may even need to take a certain time to reach your goal unknowingly because there are things you have yet to learn to help you overcome and achieve it.

But the important part is to never give up.

Less trivial aspects of your life like personality and health may be a constant battle and will never be a quick fix. You may be where you want to be but you will never truly be done with achieving the next goal because it's real and it's you. You are living, you are changing so you have to take each day as it comes.

- deadlines and goals

Work/studies can be a part of you but it shouldn't be all of you. We are all three-dimensional, there is more than one side to us.

If we love our work, that's great as it should be built upon passion and commitment. However, there are also other things we can love. finding a balance to have a better quality of life.

We can't treat others to the best of our ability if we can't treat ourselves first or recognise the signs in ourselves when we need help, a break or a re-evaluation.

- the importance of having a work/life balance

A life with constant worry is not a life worth living. The worries you have might not even happen. Our minds are limited, in the sense of we can't think of every single possibility and how it's going to play out, so we might as well just watch and make the most of it instead of fearing the ideas we can't even imagine.

- anxiety of the future

Life is unpredictable and full of surprises. Whilst there are many potential stressors that exist, life could change in ways we cannot even comprehend. So we have to prepare in the sense that because our mind is open to these thoughts, there could be a possibility of them occurring. But there is no certainty that they will happen so whilst we should be prepared, we shouldn't stress about the situation until we actually get to it.

If we don't have to go through it, we just put ourselves through all that stress for no reason. If we do have to go through it, then we have put ourselves through the stress twice. So why stress in the first place when nothing is guaranteed?

- stressing about possibilities