Chapter 1

I sprinted through the dark woods with the moon as the only guide light. My black DM boots and floral tights were covered with mud and whatever else laid on the forest floor. The crackle of leaves being smashed underneath the weight of my feet flying across the earth. I could make out the thuds of the feet behind me. They fuelled my desire to get away, and fast.

My legs ached from running and stumbling over rocks and roots from trees. I was sure my ankle was twisted, and more than half of my blonde hair was torn out by stray branches. Adrenaline rushed through my veins and a cold sweat coated my body. I could feel my energy start to dwindle. I had been running through the dark woods in the middle of the night for hours. My legs felt like jelly, but it didn't stop me. If I did, I would be done for.

His deep baritone screech called me out of my thoughts. My name bounced of the trees in an eery echo. The cool caress of fear clutched my heart, and in that moment I knew I was never going to get away. The desperate tone in his voice confirmed my fears.

He wanted me. And here in the forest, the predators always caught their prey.

I couldn't let myself give up. 

With a new sense of self preservation, I dogded in the direction of the lake. The only way for me to even think of getting away was for me to swim to the other side of the water. I knew that the temperature of the water would put my body through shock the minute I was submerged, but I didn't care.

I ran until I could see the houses lining the lake from the other side. The lights from the houses radiated out onto the water. The small rays bounced on the water; inviting me to jump in. Realizing that all my clothes would bog me down, I stripped out of my grey jumper. It whipped to the forest floor as I ran, and I almost lamented the loss of one of my favorite sweaters.

Almost, and that was until I dared to take a peak behind me. And that was when the earth met my face.

 The tumble down was the most excruciating thing I had ever felt. Rocks scratched at my face and mud went into my mouth as I bit into my tongue. I heard my dress rip and felt the freezing air climb its way underneath the torn cloth, and made its way up my heated skin. My body twisted into one last awkward position until I landed onto the dock. The wood was surprising warm. I pressed my aching face into; relishing in the temporary calmness it brought me.  I peeked open my eyes to see the small little waves crashing against the posts holding up the dock in the water. But I couldn't keep them open. The trauma of my head hitting the ground too many times caused my body too feel floaty.

I felt free.

And in that moment, the world seemed to stop, just for me. The combination of the soothing wood and waves helped me close my eyes and forget my surroundings. The sky behind my eye lids became bright and sunny. The pitch black water turned into a clear pool of life. Flowers bloomed into the dead grass. Birds sang and a melodic voice rang out.

Violet. Wake up. Violet.

The whispers made me want to giggle at their silly tone. Yet a dark underlining crept out into the voice. Tendrils of darkness whisped out.

The voices were soon screams, and I was back to the dark lake in the middle of the woods at night.    A shadow crossed over me, and the feeling of inevitable doom crashed over me. A hand caressed my face. Hands pulled my limp body into a bigger one. The feeling of a warm breath puffing over the skin of my ear became vivid. 

With a small chuckle and a small kiss to the outer lobe a scream echoed throughout my ear drum.

VIOLET!

My eyes opened, and reality set in.

I was alive.

I was safe.

But the feeling of dread didn't fade away...

I do not own American Horror Story, or it's characters. However, I do own all original ideas and characters. Thanks for reading, please comment and vote to let me know I have some fans! :)