CHAPTER 7: REHEARSALS GONE WRONG

The Spring Fling talent show rehearsals were today. Since the director of the show saw how clumsy, and inept we were she decided to run through the whole show twice so we wouldn’t mess up and make a huge fool of ourselves.

          I looked like a news reporter with my mini plaid navy skirt and small purple jacket. Justin dressed normally, because he knew he was already a clown so he didn’t need to wear a costume to prove it.

          Everyone dressed beautifully and acted their part. We had many talented routines: three dance, one magic, one comedy, four singing, one gymnastic, one mime, two bands, and two skits. All in all the show is supposed to be three hours.

          “Come on people, rehearsals are about to start!” announced the director.

          We all hurried back stage to get things ready. Everything was set and I was the first one up.

          “Good evening everybody and welcome to our official 19th Carleton High School Spring Fling Talent show!” I said enthusiastically, and the director clapped awkwardly as if she represented the audience.

          I said another introduction about the talent show then I introduced the first act, “First up is a 14 year old dancer, who has been dancing since she was 6 years old. Playing the song “Bleeding the love”, she will be dancing a jazz routine tonight. Give it up for Trisha Davidson.

          “Yay yay, wohoo, whoop...” the director said deadly and sarcastically.

          I introduced all acts and they all played their parts perfectly except for the gymnastic board that slipped from under Lacey’s feet. I remember her saying in a diva voice furiously, “Who dared to put a banana peel under my gymnastic board?!”

          Justin laughed and said, “Oh I think that came from our class on the way to rehearsals.” And everyone cracked up, even the director.

          I went out on the stage to introduce the last act which was Justin’s, “I’m sure everyone loves to laugh their heart out here and there, and we have the perfect medicine for you tonight. Lastly but not least give it up for the comedian Justin McLain!” The director cheered more deadly than ever.

          As Justin came out he smiled at me in s friendly way. As he was approaching me, something happened that made me wish my class was clean and banana peel free. Justin stepped on the banana peel that we “bizarrely” forgot to put in the waste basket.  As he stepped on the banana peel he launched forward still on his feet but flailing from side to side. He was flailing towards me until it reached its limit and Justin discharged forward.

          W-What is...? This is...

          “Ouf,” Justin said with a groan as he fell flat on top of me. His elbows were to the ground, and there was about 20 cm separating us. When he finally opened his eyes he realized what just had happened. We stared at each other with wide eyes and we tried to grasp what was happening, and I could tell we were both motionless and so was every other person in the auditorium. Everyone looked bemused and stunned. The only noise I could hear was the microphone which dropped from Holly’s hands. I felt my cheeks heat up and turn into a deep shade of red, and so did Justin’s cheeks.

          The director cleared her throat with a cough and finally said, “Uh Justin what are you waiting for?”

          I can tell Justin woke up from his daze, stood up quickly and he finally stuttered almost like he was panicking, “Oh um yeah s-s-sorry Emily. Oh look someone just called me! Um see you later.”

          Justin was panicking big time, he ran out of the auditorium not looking back. He didn’t even realize what he was saying, since no one even called him. The auditorium for once was quiet, and everybody went back to whatever they were doing. I was still lying on the floor remembering how Justin’s face was; scared, bewildered, bashful, panicky, and most of all shocked. Holly helped me up and told me once again to forget about it, because it was an accident and it just happened.

           I decided to forget what just happened. And besides, Justin and I have been friends for a long time, and we had weirder moments. Those moments we got over in the same day, and decided to laugh about it later on. This time, it was different than the other moments. In the end we’re just friends and nothing more.

          Or so I thought...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter was a bit short but I promise the next chapter will have a surprise in it ! ;)

Vote...Fan...Commentt 

Emily's outfit on the side >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>