CHAPTER 14

My Hero Academia is owned by Kohei Horikoshi and Shueisha. Published and licensed by Shonen Jump, Viz Media, and Funimation. PLEASE support the official release of this amazing story!!!

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

"What the hell is wrong with me?" Izumi says as she looks at herself in the mirror. Flashes of red lightning, sparking through her body as she feels One for All surging constantly. Her eye color fading in and out from crimson to green. She feels her body heating up and a deep seeded rage threatening to surface.

She turns on the faucet and splashes some cold water on her face, trying to calm herself down.

"Chako's right.. I haven't been the same. I can feel myself changing....." she whispers to herself.

'Who cares? You feel strong now, don't you?' The voice in her head calls out seductively.

She shakes her head. "I don't care about strength.. I just want to be a Hero that All Might would be proud of." She replies defiantly.

'Why? Haven't you suffered enough at the hands of those you wish to protect? They bullied you. Pushed you down. Hated you.' The voice lists out.

"Shut up.." Izumi says through gritted teeth.

'See? Even you know this is foolish. You have the power of the gods at your fingertips. Why then would you protect these foul people? When they wouldn't care if you died or not. Some even wish it.' It continues.

"No.. that's in the past now. I have friends. I have Chako!" Izumi cries out.

'So? You act like they won't get bored of you or hate you once they find out the truth. The truth about your so called quirk.'

"That'll never happen..and even if it did, Chako cares about me. She does! She said so herself!!" Izumi says desperately trying to push the voice back down.

'Chako? She only cares about you because you're strong. You think she'd pay attention to you if you were still quirkless?'

"That's not true! She's not like that!!! She wouldn't betray me!!"

'Ohh? And if she did?'

"I'd die.."

'Pitiful.'

Izumi collapses to her knees as she cries silently in the bathroom.

*Downstairs*

"Hey Mina, I'm sorry about yesterday. Izumi wasn't feeling too good so we just came back to the dorms." Ochako explained.

"Don't sweat it girl! I totally understand." The pink girly smiled earnestly.

Ochako sighed, "Thanks. I felt really bad about just texting you to cancel, so I wanted to apologize today properly."

Mina laughed, "You didn't have to, but thank you for the honesty. Is Midori feeling better today?"

Ochako shook her head, "Not really. She keeps locking herself in the bathroom for long periods of time. When I ask her what's wrong she just ushers me away. Honestly, I'm really worried."

Mina frowns slighty, "That doesn't sound too good. Maybe she needs to see Recovery Girl."

"I've tried to tell her that.. but she just won't listen."