~2~

-----(Sophie's pov)-----

I walked back into the living room to see Bucky slouched on the sofa staring at the TV. 

"Hey Soph," he looked up as I walked over and slid down into the seat next to him. 

"Hey..." I placed my head on his shoulder snuggling into his body heat. "What are you watching?"

"To be honest doll I don't really know, I was trying to find the football then I gave up" I laughed, my head bouncing against his soft shoulder. 

"Did you forget how to work the control again?"

"NO...it just wasn't working properly" 

"Mhhm ok sure, let me have a look" Bucky suspiciously passes the control over. I flipped through the channels until the football appeared on the screen. 

"You and youre stupid TV powers" he snatched back the control and folded his arms 

"Youre welcome" I started to stand up, moving away from Bucky's warmth.

"Hey, where are you going?" he grabs my wrist, stopping me from moving any further. 

"Upstairs"

"Nope", he pulls me back down next to him, "you're not leaving me". I look over at Bucky who is giving me his biggest puppy eyes. "What if the TV breaks again?"

"You mean, what if you forget how to use the remote again?" 

"Whatever," Bucky's sigh turned into laughing, as I nuzzled my face into his chest. 

Sam walked in a while later, smiling after he saw us curled up on the sofa together

"Can you just date already" he stood at the end of the sofa with his eyebrows raised. 

"Shut up Sam!" Bucky glared at his friend, as he turned back towards the TV. 

This wasn't the first time that someone has made this comment, especially Sam, so we both tend to ignore them. Bucky and I have always been super close but never anything more that friends. 

"I just came to say the food's ready" Sam laughed to himself as he left the room. 

I walked into the kitchen and sat down next to Steve, with Bucky and Sam opposite.  

The food was good, really good actually, but I couldn't make myself eat much of it. Every time I ate, just meant I would have to spend longer in the training room. I shuffled the food around my plate trying to look like I had eaten more than I had, but it wasn't working. Unfortunately Steve happened to notice the lack of food that was leaving my plate.

"You not hungry?" he whispered quietly trying not to disturb the others, I shook my head. He looked slightly concerned but didn't push it any further.

-----(Steve's pov)-----

I was listening to Sam tell me about his suit design when I noticed Sophie shuffling food around not really eating any of it. It was clear she didn't want to attract attention to it because she let me finish the rest left on her plate. The meal finished and everyone got up to wash their dishes and then left. 

I knocked on Sophie's door but there was no answer. I could hear her quiet sobs through the wall so I slowly opened it. She was huddled up in the corner covered in her duvet. She looked up as I came in and immediately hid her face in the blankets.

"Go away" she refused to meet my eyes and they remained glued to the floor. I walked over to where she was and sat down on the ground, gently placing my arm around her. I could feel her shivering next to me so I pulled her onto my lap, holding her tight so she didn't wriggle away. After a while her breathing slowed and her body became more relaxed. 

"Thanks Stevie" her voice was quiet as she mumbled against my chest.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I lifted her up so she was leaning against the wall, she shook her head. "Just remember you can always talk to me ok?"

I wiped the dry tears of her face with my sleeve and lifted her onto the bed. 

"Good night squidge" 

"Night Cap" I smiled as I made my way to the chair in the corner, "You know you don't have to sleep on the chair." 

"I'm not leaving you, anyway where else am I suppose to sleep?" 

She patted the side of the bed that was empty, "Here!" I laughed we hadn't slept in the same bed for a long time. "Come on I'm not going to hurt you!"

"Just know you wanted this"