Chapter 7

Ryuga's POV

"Ryuga!"

Ryuga skidded to a halt. "Ugh, what now?!" he exclaimed, turning around. Gingka, Madoka, and Kenta stopped as well.

Kyoya was standing behind them, his bey aimed at Ryuga.

"I saw your new L-Drago in action!" Kyoya announced, "You can't ignore me any longer! Battle me right now!"

"In the middle of the city?!" Madoka exclaimed, staggering back.

Ryuga raised an eyebrow. "How do you think that's going to work out?"

Kyoya let out a growl. "Elsewhere then!"

"Not now," Ryuga replied, starting to walk away. "I'm busy."

"B-busy?!" Kyoya's voice trembled with rage. "Busy with what?! How are you too busy for a bey battle?! You're a blader!"

*A blader's gotta eat.*

"Kyoya, we don't battle all the time," Gingka replied, "We were actually on our way to get sushi, wanna come with us?"

Ryuga stopped, whipping around to gaze at Gingka. *Don't invite him!*

"That's what you're busy with?" Kyoya asked, raising an eyebrow. "Food?"

"Well, it is required to live," Kenta replied, beating Ryuga to it.

"Fine." Kyoya lowered his bey. "But tomorrow we battle on Misty Island and I will settle the score with you Ryuga!" He pointed at him.

"Okay, fine!" Ryuga exclaimed, trying to walk away again. "Whatever!"

"Tomorrow night, Ryuga!" Kyoya called as he walked the other direction. "Tomorrow night I will defeat you!" Kyoya walked in the opposite direction.

"No, you won't!" Ryuga called back as he walked away. He let Gingka, Madoka, and Kenta take the lead again as he still didn't know where he was going.

Gingka was giggling to himself. "Well, if that was any indicator, a lot of bladers are gonna want to battle you again." He stared at Ryuga beaming.

"Yes, that's true..." Ryuga looked away, nodding. "You and Kyoya of course, along with Tsubasa, King- KING!" He stopped, then turned to Gingka. "After Kyoya, I'll battle King. I'll prove once and for all to that... guy that L-Drago is the ultimate left-rotating bey!"

"I'm sure King would love that," Kenta replied, smirking.

"Want me to tell him?" Gingka asked, pulling out his phone. "Or do you want to tell him yourself?"

Ryuga took the phone and called King, who picked up quickly.

"Hey, Gingka!" He greeted in English. "What's up?"

"It's me," Ryuga replied, switching to English as well.

"Wha- Ryuga?!" King yelped in surprise. "W-why are you calling me from Gingka's phone?"

"For a challenge. How quickly can you get to Japan?"

"Wait what?! You mean like... a battle? A bey battle? But I thought you-"

"I have a new bey. Answer my question."

"Uh... I uh... one second, Masamune! You think we can go to Japan sometime soon?" King's voice got quieter and quieter before disappearing altogether for a while. Then he finally spoke up again, "He says we can go there a week from today but I'll probably be a little jet-lagged at first-"

"Don't care. As soon as you get here, you're mine."

Beside him, Gingka and Kenta started giggling. Ryuga glared at them.