EDINBURGH

"Why are we going to Edinburgh again?" Elizabeth asked Steve as they all ran around the motel room frantically. Sam and Natasha ran back and forth between the two connecting rooms with armful of clothes in their arms.

Ever since their fallout with the other half of the Avengers, Sam, Elizabeth, Steve and Natasha had been on the run. Jumping from place to place and staying in a city no more than a week. They had even managed to make it all the way to Austria, which is where they were now.

Elizabeth peered out from behind the curtain to see the dark streets of Vienna. She turned around to see Steve grab his suit out from one of the duffel bags that sat on the single bed. Over the nearly two years that they had been on the run, Steve had changed.

And not just by his suit which had fading colours, he had decided to grow out a beard-whether it was so no one would recognise him or because he was having an identity crisis, they didn't know. Which at first didn't sit right with any of them, they had all been so used to seeing him with a clean face. But as time passed on, they got used to it.

However, Steve wasn't the only one to make any changes to his appearance. Natasha had gone blonde. Well maybe blonde wasn't entirely accurate, she had gone so platinum blonde that her hair was practically blonde. Red hair wasn't exactly helpful when they were trying to hide from the government in almost every country.

In addition to change in colour, Natasha had cut her hair short so that it barely brushed her shoulders. Sam and Elizabeth on the other hand hadn't done anything more than buy a few extra pairs of sunglasses and baseball caps to fly under the radar.

"Banner called," Steve answered her question from earlier just as Sam walked into the room with his wings in one hand. "He needs us."

"Banner, as in Bruce?" Elizabeth asked for confirmation and Steve nodded his head slowly. The last time any of them had seen him was in Sokovia. That was practically a lifetime ago, before all of this.

Sam placed his folded wings by the door to the room. He crossed his arms over the maroon t-shirt he wore. "Where is he?"

Natasha walked into the room as she strapped her knives and batons against her thighs. "He said he's back in New York," she informed them before bending down and lacing up her boots.

"So the compound," Elizabeth said as they all thought about the place they could call home. Some more than others. "Is Tony with him?"

Steve halted his movements by the door and inhaled sharply at the name. "Tony is," he began as he searched for a way to put it lightly. "He's in space."

She blinked once, then twice at his words. "What do you mean Tony is in space?" She repeated his words frantically. "Like on the moon?" Elizabeth stood rigid for a moment as she processed the information. Space, wow.

"Most likely," Natasha shrugged. "Bruce also said to bring Vision," Natasha continued, standing up straight as she brushed her light hair out of her face. "Not sure why though," she shrugged.

"So that's why we need to go to Edinburgh," Elizabeth thought aloud as she chewed the inside of her cheek, her eyes darting to the duffel bag where she knew her suit laid inside. "Wanda and Pietro?" She asked Steve about the twins, wondering if they had a part to play in whatever was coming.

He placed his hands on his hips with a thoughtful look on his face. "If they're where we left them then they should be with Vision," he told her. "Get ready," he continued on when he saw both Sam and Elizabeth were in their casual wear. "From what Banner told us, we're not the only ones after Vision."

***

It wasn't hard to find them once Elizabeth and the team had touched down in Edinburgh. First, they went to the address that Vision had given Steve a while back. But when they saw no one was home, they noticed the rubble from across the street.