THE SOKOVIA ACCORDS

Elizabeth walked through the halls of the compound until she found the people she was looking for. The white lights on the ceiling were bright on her head, casting shadows on the grey tiled floor as she walked into the living room.

"Where is Wanda?" Elizabeth asked the group that lounged around on the couches and chairs provided for them. Sam and Pietro sat opposite armchairs by the side of the room. Both of them staring at the chessboard between the two that was on the little coffee table.

Natasha was the one to answer her from her place on the sofa, her eyes on the large tv displaying the news. "In her room," she  tilted her head in the direction of where all the rooms were. "Steve's trying to talk to her."

"How's she doing?" Elizabeth continued as she sat on the couch beside Natasha. From the kitchen she saw Rhodey and Vision walk out. Both holding cups of coffee in one hand, the latter looking down into his drink in confusion.

"She will not talk," Pietro responded without taking his eyes off the game. "I doubt the frozen captain will do much."

"Frozen captain?" Rhodey asked the man with furrowed eyebrows. Not quite sure where the name came from.

"Good one," Elizabeth muttered with a smile at his nickname for Steve.

Over time as the twins got more comfortable around the rest of the team, Pietro liked to come up with the worst nicknames ever. The names getting more and more absurd over time. While the rest of the team tried to make him stop, Elizabeth almost always encouraged it.

Visions head perked up from where he leaned against the kitchen counter. Looking off into the distance, he set down his untouched cup of coffee. "I must alert Captain Rogers," he said as they all glanced at him as he left the room.

"What's happening?" Elizabeth asked, sensing the tense atmosphere.

"Stark has something he needs to tell us," Sam said with a frown when he saw Pietro move a knight one step closer to his queen.

As if sensing her question, Natasha shook her head at Elizabeth. "He didn't say what," the redhead commented from beside her. "He also didn't say he brought a guest." Natasha added as she looked behind Elizabeth to the entrance to the room.

Turning around, Elizabeth saw a middle-aged man with greying hair standing in the hallway with a briefcase in hand. He wore a black suit and tie and stood as if he was waiting for a greeting he quite obviously wasn't going to get.

She'd never met The Secretary of State in person but she'd seen him on the news enough to know that he probably had a lot more political power than she knew. Everyone looked to the man in question with tilted heads, not knowing what was happening.

"Where's Tony?" Elizabeth asked suspiciously. Knowing well enough to never trust a politician or government official of any kind. They usually weren't on her side much. 

"He's in the conference room," Secretary Ross replied with a fake smile. "And we're waiting on all of you." The man held his hand out, inviting the team to follow after him.

Slowly, one-by-one they got up from their comfortable seats and followed after the man. Elizabeth lagged behind, wanting to wait to check in on Wanda herself. Pietro got up before her when the rest of the team was already making their way to the elevators.

"You will check on her for me?" He asked Elizabeth in concern for his sister. "Even if she tells you, can you check what she feels?" If there was one thing Elizabeth admired about Pietro, it was the fact that no matter what, his sister was always his number one priority.

Nodding her head, she answered him. "Of course," she began. "Now save us a seat," she added with a grin. Pietro nodded in response before disappearing in a blur.