A Different Beginning ~ Part 41 ~ Updated: 1/26/15 Mid-Afternoon

A Different Beginning ~ Part 41 ~ Updated: 1/26/15 Mid-Afternoon

**POV Sang**

My breathing was ragged as I tried to catch my breath and the scent of warm vanilla overwhelmed me a little as my legs gave out under me. The soft touch of Luke’s hands caught me drawing me into him and sitting back to the couch. Tears slipped down my cheeks and I was brought onto his lap as he rubbed my sides slowly trying to ease the pain. They had started to do the one thing I hadn’t wanted to happen. Fight. My body shook and I hid my face in Luke’s chest who placed a hand behind my head and quickly started to stand moving out of the room. 

“NO!” North barked and I suddenly felt Luke jerk to a stop. The pain increased and I wheezed shaking. “Please please let me hold her.” His voice wavered as he tried to gain control of his temper but Luke did not release me. 

“Mr. Taylor I had warned you I would move her to another room if you started to yell.” Mr. Blackbourne’s voice boomed over the boys who were now all silent from my yell. I shook in Luke’s arms and he tightened around me. A hand touched my back lightly. 

“Pookie.” Dr. Green! My heart lunged and tears slipped down my cheeks as I turned to meet his eyes. My chest hurt so bad but all I wanted to do was help the others. His hands rushed to my cheeks lightly brushing the tears away. “Luke take her to Victor’s room. Gabriel go with him.” He ordered and I tried to fight but the pain overwhelmed me and all I could do was whimper. “Pookie you need to rest.” 

Luke started to move again and I heard the light foot steps of Gabriel following behind him. Shifting down the hall and into the dark bed room, Luke moved me to the bright white bed that sat in the room. His hands were delicate as he laid me straight out on the bed and he lightly caressed my cheek rubbing my back slowly trying to ease the pain. “Trouble?” Gabriel’s hand squeezed mine. I squeezed back and he relaxed. “We are going to get your temperature and have you take something for the pain.” I nodded slowly shaking hard and Luke’s fingers moved to my side lightly shifting me to the side of the bed. He cradled my head and settled me down on a pillow. I coughed softly and pain radiated again sending tears down my face. 

“Gabe! Grab water!” Luke’s brown eyes searched my face and he lightly pushed my tears away rubbing my sides very carefully trying to find the right spot. “It’s okay Sang… It’s okay… I gotcha… just breath.” His voice was calm as he talked me through the pain. 

There was movement and Luke’s hands slipped under my back guiding me to a cold glass of water. I gulped down quickly but Luke pulled me back. “Trouble slow down.” Gabriel whispered and I nodded taking a few more gulps before being laid back down letting out soft puffs of air. “I have the thermometer.” He whispered to me and I nodded slowly turning my head to the side. 

Luke cupped my face as Gabriel held the thermometer still. Luke’s other hand found my side once more and continued to rub trying to make the pain disappear. There was a soft beep and Gabriel removed the thermometer and I was given some medicine for the pain and more water. I trembled and tears slipped down my cheeks as a cool cloth was placed on my forehead. Luke’s fingers never let up. “Gabe go get Victor.” He whispered. 

There air stilled and I shivered harder. Luke shifted a few blankets over me and kissed my forehead softly. “I got you baby girl.” He whispered holding me still. “I got you.” I nodded trying hard to relax and sleep when the air stilled again.