A Different Beginning ~ Part 40 ~ Updated: 1/25/15 Late Evening

A Different Beginning ~ Part 40 ~ Updated: 1/25/15 Late Evening

Gabriel played with my hair for a while as I settled in his lap trying to relax as much as possible breathing in his arms wrapped around me and a blanket slipped over my shoulders as well. A soft kiss was placed on my neck and then my ear. I shivered and hid my face in his chest blushing super hard and lightly clung to his chest. “Easy…” His breath was a little husky and I nodded staying still to tired. Thinking about the boys my heart thudded harder in my chest making me feel a little light headed. 

They were all amazing and wonderful to me. I wanted to be with them every second of everyday. But there were nine of them. I flinched and held tight to Gabriel whose arms tightened around me holding me still. Could I really choose between one of those boys at the risk of completely crushing the others? I took a very shaky breath the pain horrible in both my heart and my chest and Gabriel’s hand slipped up to my cheek and he lightly pulled me away. “Trouble.” His voice was a little shaky and I met his eyes slowly with mine shivering softly. “Hey Doc what is the eta?”  He pulled me closer rubbing my shoulder lightly. 

“About twenty minutes with this traffic.” Dr. Green glanced back from the front seat. “What’s wrong?” 

“Her fever.” His had lightly shifted my hair out of my face and I met Dr. Green’s eyes. They grew round and his hands reached out lightly touching my cheeks his fingers cold. 

The car sped up and Mr. Blackbourne’s hands tightened on the stirring wheals. “What’s wrong?” 

“Her cheeks are warm.” He responded and shifted the blanket closer around me and Nathan removed his sweatshirt and carefully helped me to put it on. His hands were warm and he gently rubbed my hands in his. 

“Peanut? How do you feel?” His fingers slipped into mine and I smiled. 

“I am okay.” I whispered and leaned back into Gabriel’s chest. “Really.” Gabriel nodded and rubbed my side slowly keeping me close. We pulled into a very long driveway and honestly I almost thought that we had entered a park, even now it still looked like a huge piece of property. Nathan and Gabriel helped me out of the car and Victor stepped out of the house. 

His eyes met mine as he rushed over slipping his hands around me and pulling me close. “What’s going on?” Pulling back he took a look at me and touched my cheeks. “You are really warm Princess.” His eyes flared with worry and I almost broke right there on the spot. I wanted to just breath down and cry but I had to hold it together and get through the meeting. I managed a very small smile but Victor’s eyes knew better and he slipped his hands behind my head bringing me to his chest. “Doc..” 

“She is in a lot of pain and a lot has happened. Let’s get this meeting over so we can keep any eye on her.” Dr. Green shifted over and Victor’s grip tightened. 

“Okay everyone is up in the meeting room.” I nodded quickly and Nathan grabbed my hand Gabriel taking my other as we shifted up the steps. By the top of the first set of stairs my chest was to weak and I had to stop. Victor was by my side instantly as I stumbled his hand touching my cheeks. 

“Stop.” His voice was serious and he brought me into his chest pausing. “Mr. B.” I felt hands and I was covered in Irish soap smell. Curled up in his arms he easily carried me up the stairs before stopping. His hand touched my forehead quickly. 

“Sang.” Mr. Blackbourne’s voice wavered very slightly and I clung tight to him but I needed to stand. Moving slowly I shifted to my feet and he leaned forward kissing my forehead. “Sang you aren’t going to make it through this meeting.” I nodded knowing I wouldn’t either I just wanted to help however. 

“Put me between North and Luke on the couch.” I managed and he nodded slowly before guiding me with the rest of the group down the hall. 

“North and Luke on the couch.” Mr. Blackbourne quickly bellowed as the boys stood up. They were all positioned around the large table we had eaten at. North and Luke took a seat surprised and I slowly shifted forward. Mr. Blackbourne moved with me helping me onto the large couch. Dr. Green, Nathan, Gabriel, and Victor rushed in as well. 

“Baby?” His hands rushed to me and I wheezed out leaning into his touch and he instantly tensed. 

“Mr. Taylor you start yelling and she is going to another room in a second.” Mr. Blackbourne’s eyes were dangerous and North instantly nodded a stunned look on his face. Luke’s fingers entangled with mine inching closer. 

“What happened? What is going on?” Kota stood from his chair as I rested my head on North’s shoulder. 

“Today during school Mr. Hendricks had Mr. McCoy approach Ms. Sorenson. They talked in his office and he asked her questions about us. She handled it very well keeping calm and you saw how nervous she was after but Mr. McCoy continued to follow her around school and in Bio she ended up having a panic attack because not only did he scare her but her chest was way to weak. Silas brought her to the nurse right after thankfully and she calmed down. She returned to Japanese class and then the nurse’s office because she couldn’t attend gym and Nathan and Gabriel came in.” Mr. Blackbourne paused letting the reactions set in slowly. Everyone was now caught up and on the same page. 

North’s arms tensed around me keeping me close and Luke shifted forward placing his hand on my cheek. “Why is she so warm?” Luke spoke up. 

“I had to rearrange her ribs.” Dr. Green responded nervously. “She is really weak North be very gentle.” Instantly, North’s arms relaxed around me holding me close. 

“Then what happened to Gabe’s face?” Victor spoke up confused. 

“Nathan and Gabriel were both jumped outside of the gym.” Mr. Blackbourne added and all hell broke loose. North started yelling, Silas was standing in his chair moving to Nathan, Luke tensed and quickly got me out of North’s arms, Nathan tried to explain and Gabe started swearing. 

“Enough.” I yelled.