Chapter 16

The next morning. The courtyard has been decorated with wedding decorations for Klaus's and Alexa's wedding.

The wedding guests, the vampires, the Crescent werewolves and the witches, Sophie and Davina, and Camille, are wearing their formal dresses and suits.

"I am so happy for Alexa." Hayley says to Skylar.

"Yeah. Me too. Speaking of Alexa, I'll better check on her." Skylar says, and walks away.

In Alexa's bedroom, Alexa is wearing her wedding dress, wearing her hair in a half up, half down hairstyle with a flower hairpin in her hair.

"Hi, Alexa." Skylar says.

"Hi, Skylar." Alexa says.

"You look absolutely amazingly beautiful." Skylar says.

"Thanks, Skylar." Alexa says. "So, how about you? How's the Crescents?"

"We'll talk about that afterwards. You're getting married, Alexa." Skylar says, barely containing her excitement.

Alexa and Skylar hugs each other.

At the foyer railing, Klaus, wearing his suit, is looking at the wedding guests and the wedding decorations. Elijah approaches him.

"I am happy for you, Niklaus." Elijah says to his brother.

"Thanks, Elijah." Klaus says.

Elijah gently puts a reassuring hand on Klaus's shoulder.

⚜️⚜️

Alexa's Outfit

Alexa's Outfit

A few minutes after, the wedding guests are sitting in their chairs. Klaus is at the ballroom double doors. Along with Camille O'Connell as the officiant.

As the violinist plays her violin, the wedding guests gets up to their feet, Alexa slowly walks downstairs. She and Klaus exchange gentle smiles as she slowly walks downstairs and slowly walks up to Klaus.

 She and Klaus exchange gentle smiles as she slowly walks downstairs and slowly walks up to Klaus

The violinist stops playing.

"You may be seated." Camille says.

The wedding guests sits back down in their chairs.

"Dearly beloved, we're gathered here today to celebrate love." Camille says. And looks at Klaus. "Klaus, do you take Alexa Holland to be your wedded wife, to have, and to hold, to love and cherish, through sickness and health, til death do you part?"

"I do." Klaus says.

Camille looks at Alexa. "Alexa, do you take Klaus Mikaelson to be your wedded husband, to have, and to hold, to love and cherish, through sickness and health, til death do you part?"

"I do." Alexa says.

Camille gives them both their wedding rings. Klaus slides Alexa's wedding ring on her left hand ring finger. Alexa slides Klaus's wedding ring on his left hand ring finger.

 Alexa slides Klaus's wedding ring on his left hand ring finger

"By the power vested in me, I pronounce you, husband and wife." Camille says, and gently smiles at Klaus. "Klaus, you may kiss your bride."

Klaus gently pulls Alexa to him and they kiss, affectionately. The wedding guests applauds, happily.

That evening . . . .

The wedding guests are partying at the wedding reception. Chatting with each other and drinking champagne. Klaus and Alexa are slowly dancing together on the dance floor as rose petals slowly falls like confetti.

"So, Mrs. Alexa Holland-Mikaelson . . . ." Klaus says, gently holding her to him. "I know you and I have been having some blissful fun before we got married, and now, that we are married. I have a surprise for you."

"What is it?" Alexa asks.

Klaus smiles, mischievously. And kisses her. She kisses him back. They pull away from the affectionate kiss. He twirls her around and pulls her back to him. They exchange happy smiles.

Elijah and Rebekah looks at Klaus and Alexa as they slow-dance together.

"Our brother, Niklaus, has found his redemption and his happiness." Elijah says.

"Yeah. He has." Rebekah says. And glances at Sophie and Davina. "Sophie and Davina are here at the wedding, meaning the other witches are a bit too busy with the little baby."

"I assume that the child isn't a child no longer." Elijah says.

"No, of course not." Rebekah says.

"But we'll discuss it later, Niklaus is a married man." Elijah says.

Elijah and Rebekah sips on their champagne. After her wedding dance with her newlywed husband, Alexa and Skylar are dancing together. Taking a swig of their champagne, the two best friends dances together, happily.

⚜️⚜️

Later on that evening, after the wedding, Alexa is at the foyer railing. Klaus slowly walks up beside her.

"So, what's the surprise?" Alexa asks her newlywed husband.

"Don't want to spoil it." Klaus says. And gently smiles. "I love you, Mrs. Alexa Holland-Mikaelson."

Alexa gently cups his face with her hands. "I love you too, Klaus Mikaelson."

Klaus and Alexa exchange smiles at each other and they kiss . . . .

. . . . not knowing what enemy or enemies, lurks around in the French Quarter.