Fifteen

When I got there, Percy was leaning against the wall of the diner waiting for me. " Hey," I called out.

Her head snapped to me, " Hey."

She wore black sunglasses and had a cup of coffee from Starbucks. Wearing black ripped jeans and a black hoodie that was severely oversized. " You hung over?"

" Off the record, yes." Percy answered, walking in with me, " So why did we chose a public place?"

" Because we'll sit in the back." I walked to a booth in the back and started reading the menu even though I knew everything.

" Can I ask why you always pick diners?" She asked as she scanned the menu.

" My parents used to take me to them when we had time or as a treat." I smiled softly at the memory.

Percy copied my smile as she put the menu down, " What do you want to know?"

" How did you find out?" He asks.

" Um, I got hints, like every time I mentioned," Percy lowered her already quiet voice, " Nightwing or Batman, you would tense up. But then a week ago or so I had a dream. I know it's kinda weird, but it was the one were you just knew what was happening was true. Then after I woke up from that, I met Jason on the roof. Or whatever his hero name is. And it just lined up. I didn't know for sure until today."

" What was the dream?" I sat silently as she explained everything.

" Um," She gripped the coffee cup tightly, staring at the lid. When she looked up she made eye contact with the waiter. Percy gave a small smile and nodded her head, " Hello."

" What can I get y'all to drink?" She asked.

" A water, please." I smiled.

" And for your girlfriend?" She turned towards Percy.

" Oh, no, I'm not, he's not," Percy flustered and muttered out, shaking her head.

I smirked, a light hue covering my face, " She'll take a Coke."

" A Coke and a water." She wrote on her pad, " Can I get you started on food, or do you need a moment?"

" Um, We'll take two cheeseburgers with a side of fries." I answered, she nodded and walked away. Turning back to Percy, " The dream?"

The ravenette shuttered out a breathe, " You're relentless."

" Devoted." I corrected.

" But the dream, you guys were kidnapped. You were tied up by some clown and it was all four of you guys. Bruce wasn't there for some reason and you were all terrified. Especially Jason, did the clown....um, did the clown do good at the party?"

" What? Wh-" My question was silenced when the waitress came and placed two cups of Coke and water.

" Enjoy and if you need anything, just ask." She smiled a bright smile and left.

" Was...was the clown the reason Jason left?" She asked quietly. Her green eyes staring in mine, not prying, just wondering.

" Yeah, Joker killed him." I whispered out. Percy put a hand on mine, rubbing mine hand with her thumb, " It's a long story. One that's not mine to tell."

" Of course, I shouldn't have asked anyway, it's not my business." She shook her head.

" No, it's fine." I look at her, then realize the sudden warmth in my hand. Pulling it back, I shift in my seat, shit, Jason was right.

" But Leo, how does he know?" I wanted to bring the attention to anything other then the heat on my face.

" He can be obsessive when he likes something. I think Bruce was his hero, and he really likes his company so we was obsessed with both. Probably matched up the dates from both-honestly, I have no idea, but I didn't tell him. I promise, they didn't even know I knew you until today." Percy desperately pleaded for me to believe her.