Chapter 7

We search high and low. Up and down. No DayDream though. At one point I heard a sneeze in the bushes, I jumped through them only to land on top of Twilight. He growled and said," What's the big deal? It was one sneeze!" I grinned.

We sat down in a small clearing breathing pretty heavily. I looked at him and said,"We should go back to camp." He looked at his paws. "I can't." I looked at him strangely. "You can't, what?" He looked at me tears welling in his eyes," I can't go on without finding her." I scooted closer to him and pressed my muzzle in his thick fur. "It's ok. We'll find her," I said reassuringly.

I heard a rustle in the bush and crept up cautiously. I heard it rustle again and peeked through the leaves. Before I knew it I was laying on the dirt floor looking into the eyes of a black wolf pup. He gave me a dirty look and said," I'm Night. Where's my father, Tree-nut?" Tree-nut? Was this pup crazy? Then it came back to me. When me and Twilight were captured by DarkPack and one of the wolves asked me where Night was. Well, here he is, staring me down like I'm squirrel meat.

"Look Night, I ran into your father in DarkPack. I'll take you to him if you like?" He gave me an anxious look. "How do I know you won't take me far away so can rip out my insides and eat me and leave the rest to rot where nowolf will find my remains, huh?" I looked at him. "No I won't do that!" He still didn't look convinced. I sighed. "If you don't believe me, fine. But don't come whining to me when you can't find your father or your mother."

I started walking off and I heard a whine and a thump on my back. I turn around staring into Nights intense eyes. "Don't leave! You will help me!" I snorted. "And what if I don't? Hmm?" I asked him. He growled," I'll rip your head off and feed it to my pack!" I got up in his face till we were nose to nose," And how are you gonna find your way home?" He sat down and looked at his paws. I nodded and started walking off. He looked up and said," I don't blame you. I've been a jerk and insincere. I'm sorry...what's your name?" I padded up to him and said," My name is Eclipse. I would love to help. First lets go to my camp and ask my mother. She's the Alfa. So is my dad." He followed me into camp