Chapter 2 - Encounter

*Rimuru's Perspective*

I entered the first restaurant I stumbled upon. The interior of the restaurant was loosely decorated with semi-fancy decorations, and overall it looked fairly high end. Currently they weren't very busy, so I was escorted to a rather large table with seating for 10 people. After I took a look at the menu I ordered my favorite American food: steak.

While I was sitting at the table waiting for my food, I detected quite a few curious glances in my direction from the other customers. I suppose the main culprit was my rather out-of-place looking outfit. From what I gathered on the street, apparently most commoners only had basic-looking clothes made of poor materials, and only royalty or nobles had clothes with such softness and fine thread.

Additionally, the style of the nobles' clothing differed from mine, further adding to the attraction-gathering of my outfit.

I suppose it would be rather inconvenient for me to stand out like this, huh? Let's change my outfit.

{No! Master shouldn't have to change his preferences just for these people! Instead, allow me to change theirs!}

*Sigh.* No need for that Ciel. Why do you always do this..?

10 minutes later, they brought out my juicy 100 oz steak on a plate that was clearly too small to carry the food. In fact, the largest steak that was listed on the menu was actually 16 oz, but I was starving, and specially asked for a 100oz steak. When I made the demand *erhm. Request*, the waiter stared at me for a full 3 seconds.

Anyways, after I slowly enjoyed my meal, I used Material Creation to whip up a few silver coins to pay. Weirdly enough, when I paid for my meal, all of the waiters looked even more shocked than before. I'm guessing it's because I accidentally paid them too much..? Ah well. It's not like that'd cause a large mess... right?

Now that I feel satisfied with my meal, I think I should go take a walk to work off the excess calories. Yeah, I know what you're saying, but it's the idea that counts! Besides, there was another reason why I wanted to walk around.

More specifically, the reason why was because while I was enjoying my meal, in addition to the glances from the other customers, I also detected a rather..unique stare originating from a small little spider that was hiding in the window of the restaurant. This little spider gave off the same aura as the other hundreds of spiders I ran into earlier. From this, I concluded that the tiny spiders were all related to one another somehow, and that someone was possibly controlling them from afar.

Thus, I chose to distance myself via a walk in order to try to lure them out into the open. Of course, it would be all too easy for me to simply trace the magical connection between the spiders and teleport straight to the perpetrator, but where's the fun in ruining a cool detective moment?

While I was strolling around the town, I took deep breaths and slowly breathed in the fresh nighttime air. After about 30 minutes of non-stop walking, I began to wonder if the perpetrator would ever show up. The entire time, I could tell that there were no less than 10 different spiders looking at me intently at all times. It was clear that the person, whoever they were, was trying to keep a close eye on me with their spiders.

Finally, after about an hour of walking, they finally showed up.

======================================================

*Shiro's Perspective*

Nai waaaaa..

Nai wa..

Nai wa..

-----

Backing up a little

-----

I don't get it!