Chapter Three-This sort of stuff could only happen to me [Part 2]

We sat there huddled in the middle of debating on what sport was better basketball versus soccer when the bell rang. I sucked in a sharp breathe when I realized my first class was science. Mr. Pufferman is his name. For your information most sarcastic prick E-V-E-R! I gave Paul and Simon the biggest bear hug I could do considering my tiny size and I trudged the halls dreading the interaction I would have to have with him. When I got to his class I was happy to see I wasn't the first one there. That to me, was always awkward walking into class with a teacher you don't really like and having this awkward tension and silence. I made my way to my assigned seat in the back- which is perfect for texting and not getting caught. I plunked down in my seat and waited for forty five minutes of my life I would never get back to begin. Michelle came in shortly after me and sat in her seat next to me. When Mr. Pufferman turned his attention to the board and started writing our lesson for the day, I thought it was a good time to talk to her. Michelle is a girl that I met this year. It's not that she is new or anything I just didn't notice her until this year. Let's say our relationship is a buddy buddy relationship. You know the person you talked to for about two minutes and kept it moving. It is mainly because she doesn't know how to keep her fat mouth shut. That is why I never told her anything of importance to me.

"Hey" Michelle whispered.

"Hey" I whispered back.

"So you know that band that played for the Sadie Hawkins dance last year?" Michelle asked with her eyes trained on Mr. Pufferman. I did likewise.

"Urban Nerds?" I asked watching Mr. Pufferman write - more like chicken scribble- on the board.

"Yup" Michelle said popping the 'p' and continued speaking. "The lead singer Nathaniel is transferring in next week"

"That's awesome! He is so lush" I said dreamily and sighed. Michelle giggled and I arched my eyebrows up at her. I watched her try to silently giggle for a good minute. Her eyes were so wide and the way she was trying to laugh was like cackling.

"What?" I asked exasperated.

"Lush? Since when did you become of brittish decent?" She choked out wiping the tears that had slipped down her face when she had been laughing hysterically.

"I've been watching a lot of British romance movies" I said in my fake British accent but it ended up sounding Australian like the crocodile hunter. Tragic how he died. I could feel Michelle's gaze on me and I turned my neck slowly until I met her gaze. We both started laughing out loud for no apparent reason.

Mr. Pufferman snapped around with his face pink. "What is so funny for you to come into my class and interrupt my lesson" he said with spittle flying out of his mouth. I don't know if it was the bad weather outside, all the private frustrations I never voiced, or his beer belly and crooked nose that always irked me but I snapped.

"What's so funny is that toupe on your head that you believe everyone thinks is your hair" I said in a sickly sweet voice.

"She shut you down" an untraceable voice said which made everyone in the class start laughing.

"Get out of my class now! Go to the principal's office" Mr. Pufferman said pointing to the door with his face growing red.

"I'm not going anywhere" I said crossing my arms over my chest and leaning back in my seat. "You asked me what I thought was funny and because you didn't like my answer you send me to the principal office? I don't think so, I'm. Not. Leaving." I eyed my pufferman and he gave me a weary look when he realized I was serious.

"you will get out of my class even if it means I have to have security drag you out of here!"he said but more to himself. With that everyone stayed silent and watched with anticipation to see what would happen.