Akash Turns Cupid

"Priyanka is their only daughter. She studied abroad now, she is helping uncle with his business" said Abhi looking somewhere.

" Is she married??" Asked Ramya looking at him keenly.

After a little hesitation Abhi replied,
" Yeah...I think so"
Ramya was in thought about his strange behaviour but, unknowingly she felt relieved after being aware that Priyanka was married.

Later walking for sometime Abhi asked Ramya to go to their room and sleep as it is getting late. But he excused himself from coming with her for some reason.

She noticed a slight changes in his behaviour. He looked nervous as well as worried. She didn't want to make the things more complicated so, she obliged his words and went back to their room.

She laid down on the bed but couldn't sleep well, she was flipping on her sides for a while thinking about Priyanka. Slowly her eyes closed out of tiredness, she slept eventually.

After late midnight Abhi came to their room, he looked at Ramya for a moment. His lips creeped in smile, he went near her and sat on her bedside. He gently held her hand with his palms and mumbled,

" Ramya... I wish to tell you everything that happened in my past but I'm scared about your reaction. After a long while only now you are talking well with me. I'm worried what will I do, if you mistake me again??", He caressed her head gently and continued to say,

"Sometimes you are giving me comfort, sometimes hurting me, I don't know what is in your heart. I wish to understand you soon, then I will share everything about me"
Said Abhi and went to his office room.

****************************************

Next few days were so normal for Ramya. Everyday she wakes up early goto her college and in the evening will return home. After coming home she used to help Sowmiya in kitchen works then she will study, this has become her routine.

She was eagerly waiting for a weekend to goto Priyanka's house, unknowingly she developed interest to see her and to know more about her.

It was the last day of a week, Ramya got up a little later than usual. She finished her morning routines and she was drying her wet hair with the hair dryer. Abhi was getting ready to go jogging, he came out from his room and saw Ramya.

For a minute he was mesmerised seeing her with wet hair, she looked so fresh and beautiful, he adored her for a moment. Ramya turned to his side and looked at him and said, " Good morning..."

Instantly he gained his sense and looked away from her. He murmured,
"Good morning..."

" Are you going for a jog?? Even though I want to come, I have to go to college. This is too early " said Ramya annoyed.

" Yeah.. It's ok, I will take you for a night walk, if you want. I have to go, it's getting late, Akash will be waiting for me, Ok bye see you in the evening " said Abhi and walked out. Ramya bid goodbye and started to get ready for her college.

*****************************************

" Abhi... I'm so happy that you are staying back here instead of going back??" Said Akash happily. Abhi smiled and nodded his head and they both continued to jog.

" Abhi, can I ask you something??" Asked Akash.

"You can, what kind of question is this??" said Abhi.

" Is everything fine between you and Ramya?? " Asked Akash. Abhi stopped running and stood in a place silently.

" Yeah... Akash we are quite fine " said Abhi.

Akash was silent for a while and said, " I may be younger than you but still you can consider me as your friend and share your problems' '.

Abhi was silently walking a few steps ahead.
" Akash, you know my marriage was not my choice and so for Ramya, so we need time to understand each other. Initially we faced some problems, but now we are getting well as friends. She is also a good girl" Abhi said half the truth to Akash by hiding their six months trial period.

Akash was happy at least they are trying to work out their marriage. He said,
" Ok... Abhi I'm so happy that you both are started to understand each other. I wish you both should be happy forever only then I and Sowmya will be at peace because you both sacrificed your lives for us" said Akash with a heavy heart.

" Hmmm... Let's hope for the best. Don't think too much about us, we want you and Sowmiya to be happy without any worry"said Abhi.

Akash said ok, and both the brothers started to return back to their home. When they were about to reach their home, they saw Ramya rushing to the opposite side, returning back to their home.

" Abhi... today Ramya has college right?? She must be on the college bus now, why is she coming back home??" Asked Akash.

" I'm thinking the same, come let's go and ask her what happened??" Said Abhi and both the brothers went towards her.

" Ramya, what happened?? Didn't you go to college today??" Akash asked.

Ramya looked at Abhi once and said,
" Akash Mama, missed my college bus. It was my mistake. I was late today. In this route there will be only one bus. I don't know what to do??" Said Ramya worried.
Abhi worried about seeing her.

" Hey it's ok. Why are you feeling bad, actually you should be happy, today you can bunk the college right?? With this bus excuse. Enjoy with your sister the whole day" said Akash.

" No Mama, I have a test today. It's my first test after I had joined this college. I don't want to miss it, I want to goto college" said Ramya firmly. Akash and Abhi looked on.

" Can you drop me at the next stop?? So that I can catch my bus " said Ramya looking at Abhi. He was surprised at her sudden request, he stood dumb looking at her.

" What are you thinking?? I'm asking you only, will you drop me or not" asked Ramya, annoyed. Akash understands his brother's situation, he touches his shoulders and creeped his lips faintly.

Abhi stammered, " I will ask the driver to drop you, I have to goto office". Ramya was shocked.

Akash looked confused, he wondered why Abhi was refusing to take her. He said,
" It's ok Abhi, I will take care of work. You go with Ramya ". Akash signed Abhi to look at Ramya. He saw her worried face, he felt bad.

" Ok come lets go"said Abhi and walked towards the parking area. Ramya nodded her head and followed him with a puppy face.

"Abhi right now traffic will be heavy so, better you take her on bike, you will catch the bus soon" said Akash.

" But ..... I.... " Abhi stammered.
Ramya got angry and said, " What but... I ... And all, stop saying excuses. Mama is right, if we go by car I can't catch the bus, so take the bike. You are dropping me now, that's it. Come soon".

Abhi was surprised, hesitantly he took the bike and wore the helmet. He asked her to wear a helmet and to sit safely.

Ramya was about to sit at the back, she realised she had to sit so close to him by putting both the legs on either side. She became shy and stood there for a moment.

Akash rushed her, " Ramya, if you delay like this then your college bus will reach your college. Make it fast".

Ramya hesitantly sat on the bike holding Abhi's shoulders. Abhi felt something happening to him, he had goosebumps. He ensured whether she seated properly and started the bike. Ramya bid bye to Akash and managed to sit with a safe distance.Akash smiled wider thinking about how his plan worked.

To Be Continued...

***********************************