𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈: 𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐈 - 𝐘𝐨𝐤𝐨𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐚 𝐆𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐞

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈: 𝐀𝐜𝐭 𝐈
𝐘𝐨𝐤𝐨𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐚 𝐆𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐞

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟓,𝟒𝟑𝟏
𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐬: 𝐄𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝟓/𝟏𝟐/𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟒

╭⋟────────────────────────╮
✦✧✦✧
╰────────────────────────⋞╯

"I... I... I'm really sorry!" The ginger haired boy who had previously acted as the mad bomber in Atsushi's entrance exam apologized, slamming his hands on the table they sat at in the downstairs café. "I know it was for a test, but I was still really rude to you. I'm sort of an assistant here at the agency. My name's Junnichirou Tanizaki. Can you ever forgive me?" His tone was genuine, and it was clear he felt bad, despite everyone knowing Junnichirou never intended to hurt anybody.

     Atsushi held his hands up with an apologetic expression. "It's fine, don't worry about it."

     "And this here is—" He went to introduce his sister, but she quickly cut him off.

     "His little sister Naomi!" said girl exclaimed, all-too-eagerly latching herself onto her brother.

     "You... You two are brother and sister...? For some reason I thought you had a different relationship..." Atsushi trailed off nervously. Was he really seeing this? His eyes weren't playing tricks on him, were they? Siblings... acting like this? In public? And without a shred of remorse or shame, either...

     Naomi's expression became teasing—challenging, even. It caused [Name] to sigh. She was not very excited to watch the next few interactions between the two. ...She loved Naomi and Junnichirou. Really, she did—but it was concerning when they behaved like this.

     "Oh~ You think I'm lying?" She slid her hand down her brother's chest. "There's absolutely no doubt that we're related to each other. None at all!" Naomi reassured, her hand then moving to crawl under his shirt. "The two of us are more similar than you think. Right, big brother?" Her face neared his, and to add insult to injury, she blew into his ear.

     Atsushi was, understandably, flustered by the siblings' actions.

     "You'll... learn to ignore it," [Name] reassured from her seat to the right of Atsushi, though she, too, was quite uncomfortable with the energy created in the café today. And despite maintaining a calm exterior, she refused to look at the two who were doing... whatever it was they were doing.

     "O—Okay..."

     "Listen closely, kid. Now that you've joined our ranks, you should try and act accordingly," Kunikida started, looking to the Tanizaki siblings, hoping to make his next point known to them. "Unlike some people here I could mention!!! I work to uphold the agency's good name; we're all committed to that goal. Well, at least some of us are," he emphasized before turning to Dazai, who was sitting at the bar, caressing the hand of the young woman behind the counter. "Right, Dazai?"

     [Name] really didn't know what Kunikida expected from the suicidal maniac. Since when did Dazai listen? Let alone take his scolding seriously.

     "Would you strangle me with these beautiful, delicate fingers, young miss?"

     Kunikida angrily stomped over to him, bonking him in the back of the head. "WERE YOU LISTENING TO A SINGLE THING I JUST SAID?!" he seethed. "My hands might not be as nice as hers, but if you're looking for someone to break your neck, I think that honor should go to me! Wouldn't you say?!"