Chapter 7 - The pains, the fire and the big decission

FIVE MINUTES LATER.

“Here are the results… Well you are experiencing these pains because a link was formed at the beginning of this year when you both decided to start over and forget all the troubles that had happened in the past. This link is extremely powerful and is the reason for the love you two have for each other… A spell can be performed to get rid of this pain but it also means that your bond of love for each other will be destroyed… nothing but a memory.”

   It took a while for this to register that we had to make a decision on whether he keeps the pain, the fire and the love we hold or get rid of it all together. The looks we were exchanging told us that the decision was going to be tough because they both don’t want Draco to suffer but they knew that they could not leave each other. “Hermione Bab… what do you think we should do?” Her face dropped, the colour drained until she was paler than usual and she looked like she was going to be sick. I saw a single tear get caught in the corner of her eye. “Professor..? Is there any way that we can try and get rid of the pain without losing this??”

“I will have to read up on it, but I am sure there must be away.” McGonagall put her hand on Hermione’s shoulder to comfort her but by then she was too far lost in thought to come back round for a while.

   As we walked back to the common room leaving the rest of our fate in the hands of McGonagall we couldn’t help but keep our fingers entwined together and stealing short glances and long heartfelt hugs from each other. “Draco?? Draco we need to talk about this!” Hermione’s voice was quiet and distant just like it had been after her and Ron had been fighting. We made it back to the common room where it was going to be just the two of us hopefully trying to come to an agreement about this situation. Carefully I picked Hermione up of the floor and carried her across to the sofa before gently kissing her cheek and cresting the side of her face. “Hermione love, what should we do? I don’t want to stop loving you; you have made me the happiest person alive.” A single tear slid down her face and then more and more tears came down. I wrapped my arms around her and whispered sweet words in her ear. “We need to do the spell, you need to stop feeling this pain and we need to stop this. What we have is only because of the connection; who’s to say that it is even true??”

“Trust you to point out the worst of it!” I muttered but she still heard what I had said. She jumped out of my arms with fresh tears running down her face. I knew she was very caring and she could easily get hurt. I should not have said what I just did but I couldn’t help it. I don’t want to lose her, she is my life and truth is I have always loved her. “If that’s what you think why have you pretended to care about me?? Why do you hold me each time tears fall from my eyes?? Why do you tell me that you love me every night?? Why am I even here talking to you??”

“Hermione please, listen to me. I didn’t mean what I said. It was a mistake truth is I don’t want to lose you, you are my girl! I haven’t pretended to care, I have always cared about you and I have just never known how to let you know. I hold you each time tears fall from your eyes because I hate seeing you hurt and I hate seeing your tears because I hurt inside also and I just know I have to be there for you. Please Hermione let’s just talk about this please?”

“No… I think it’s clear how you feel. I have somewhere to go plus it’s time we went down to dinner. Alone!!!” She walked out of the common room with tears still flowing down her face.

    I ran after her, shouting her name, trying to get her stop but I knew I had hurt her to much for her to want to talk to me any time soon. Finally catching up to her I wrapped my arms around her waist and tried to get her to listen to me but she kept struggling away from me. “Hermione please?” I began to beg. Tears started to roll down my face as I tried to get her to understand that I would never mean to hurt her. I was just annoyed that she would give up everything we have so the pain would stop. I understand her wanting to help me get rid of the pain but I couldn’t let her give up on us.

   We both entered the great hall going separate ways, acting much different than usual. Hermione took her seat without stealing a glance at me like she used too.  I sat there the whole time unable to eat anything, unable to communicate with anyone, unable to do anything.  I felt sick to my gut knowing that I have now hurt the only girl that I have ever loved; I have hurt the only girl that was willing to give me a second chance.

   Sat at dinner and the time seemed to go so slow… I didn’t know what to do about it anymore, no matter how much I tried I was not going to get an answer. Just as I looked up I saw the weasel Weasley trying to get closer to Hermione but she just kept pushing him away. I saw the gleeful expression across his face as he saw the pained looks on both of our faces. Pansy Parkinson ‘just happened’ to appear next to me at the table she tried doing the same to me as Ron was too Hermione. I didn’t know what to do anymore.

      I was about ready to get Hermione to come with me to Professor McGonagall so we could end this heartbreak once and for all. That was when a plan started to from in my mind all I needed now was McGonagall to perform the spell so it would be over…. But it won’t be over just yet!!!