His Next Victim Part 9

His Next Victim

Chapter 8

Cain's POV

I carried her out to the car, going as fast as I could without jostling her shoulder. I looked around for a car besides the two that she has. 'Shit, she was going to kill me when she woke up', I thought while placing her in the front seat of her Bugatti so I could keep an eye on her.

I drove off going as fast as I could. About ten minutes into the drive, I heard grumbling coming from the woman sitting beside me. I glanced over, and noticed her eyes opening.

"You're going to be fine," I told her.

Suddenly she looked alert. Sitting straighter in her seat, she opened the glove box pulling out a first aid kit and what looked like a sewing kit. She pulled the strap of her bra down, and my eyes widened. What was she doing?

"Where are we going?" she asked while pulling out alcohol wipes. She winced while she cleaned the blood off her shoulder.

"To the hospital."

Her head snapped towards me, and she gave me a glare. "I am not about to be put in the system. Turn your ass around now," she growled at me.

I shook my head at her and winced when she pulled the needle and thread through the opening on her shoulder. She reached over with her good arm, and yanked on the steering wheel causing the entire car to jerk.

"Either turn around now, or I promise you that you won't live very long," she said with obvious pain in her voice.

"Okay, okay. Fine, I'm turning around," I told her hesitantly while making a U-turn. I glanced at her again, and winced.

"Are you sure that's safe?" I asked her concerned.

"Yeah, the bullet went all the way through. I'll just need someone to stitch up the back of my shoulder. I can't reach." she said not even looking up at me while she ran the needle through her skin, "and don't think I'm not pissed at you for getting blood in my Bugatti."

I sighed and leaned back in my seat. You could never win with this girl.

We pulled up to her house, and I was surprised when there were no cop cars or ambulances in the drive. What did they do with Alex then? Shit, it better not be something illegal.

I parked her car, and made my way over to her side. Opening the door for her, she sent me a look before walking to her trunk. She stopped and looked at me expectantly.

"Are you going to pop the trunk, you idiot?" she growled at me and I flinched back.

Remember she is in pain, I told myself and hit the button on the keys.

She reached in the back grabbing a shirt and throwing it over her head. What a damn shame. Even with the bullet wound in her shoulder, I enjoyed the sight of her with no shirt. Damn, I'm a creep.

*******

Jade's POV

The pain was almost unbearable. I had to clench my teeth frequently to keep myself from passing out or screaming. I needed to walk to my house. I needed to see if Alex was okay. He had been my friend for years, and I don't know how I would handle it if he was dead.

"How was Alex when we left?" I asked Cain wanting to know now.

He looked at me with a sad expression. "He was shot in the head, Jade. I'm pretty sure he was dead."

I gasped. He couldn't be dead. No, Alex can't be dead. This asshole just made things personal. Going after me is one thing, but harming my friends crosses a fucking line. Nolan is going to regret the day he ever messed with Jade Romano.

I slammed open my door, and walked towards my bedroom following the blood stains on my carpet. Today was just a big fucking bloody day. Blood in my kitchen, blood in my car, blood on my carpet. I was ready to kill someone.

I stopped in the hallway. There was Alex lying on the ground with a sheet covering his body. I knew he was dead, but I couldn't keep from torturing myself further by pulling back the sheet and staring at his face.

Tears were streaming down my cheeks splattering on his. I couldn't believe it. Alex was dead, and there was nothing I could do about it. Well, there was something I could do about it. I could kill the bastard who did this to him. I have his name, that's all I need to find out everything about him. Including his location. I gently placed the sheet back over him, and stood wiping the tears from my eyes.

I walked into the living room where Carter, Jeff, Cain, and my dad were all talking quietly. It looked like Jeff was crying, but everyone else just held sympathy on their faces. They didn't know Alex like we did. I cleared my throat and they all looked at me.

"What are we going to do with his body?" I asked emotionlessly.

"I figured we could call Bob. Then, we could have a small private ceremony. Just us and a couple of the people who were closest to him."

I nodded my head and began walking away from them.

"Where are you going?" Carter yelled out.

"To find the mother fucker so I can kill him."