Chapter Five

Lucy woke in the middle of the night feeling as though her bladder was about to explode. Still half asleep, she crawls out of her tent so she could find a bush to do her business. Keeping in mind not to go too far from her tent. Finishing up and feeling more awake. She heads back towards her tent. The comfort of her warm sleeping bag was calling her. Just before she makes it too her tent, a hand is roughly placed around her mouth muffling her scream.

“Shh… Lucy it’s just me” Hearing Max’s voice. She stops trying to fight her way out of his hold.

“Max what are you trying to do, give me a heart attack?” she whispered once he removes his hand from her mouth. Putting her hand over her chest and taking deep breaths, she tries to slow her racing heart.

“Relax I just saw you walking back to your tent and wanted to talk. No need to freak out”

“No need to freak out? You snuck up behind me and covered my mouth! How did you expect me to react?”

“Look I just wanted to talk and I didn't sneak up on you. It’s not my fault you weren’t paying attention. You should be thankful I wasn’t a wolf! You’d be dead by now”

Rolling her eyes at his dramatics, she sighs, “What is it you wanted to talk about Max?”

“Come on let’s take a walk so we don’t wake every one up”. Before she could reply he grabbed her hand and started leading her into the woods. Shocked by the fact that he was holding her hand she didn’t try to pull away instead she allowed him to lead her without any resistance. They walk in silence, for several minutes. The only sound to be heard was their soft breathing, the snapping of twigs and the crunching of leaves as they walked deeper into the woods.

Realizing how far they've gone, she looks up at Max. “Do you think it’s such a good idea going so far away from camp? What about the wolves?”

“Relax, we will be fine. God you’re so uptight”

Stunned by his reply she didn’t notice that they were no longer alone until she heard Brandon’s voice. “It’s about time man! You said it would only take a couple of minutes.”

“Shut up Brandan” He snapped “She wasn’t in her tent when I got there. I had to wait for her to come back.”