Decide

This is a story about Y/N & Taehyung, who were friends with benefits.

Taehyung was drunk that night, or early morning to be exact.

Came to Y/N's home and fucked her.

But as he did her, he called for Jimin's name instead of hers.

His best friend, his one sided love.

And Y/N was hurt.

After they finished, he tried to cuddle Y/N.

And she pushed him away.

Even though she had always liked the warmth of his hand, she'd rather sleep in cold tonight.

After being a replacement.

Waking up, Y/N saw that Taehyung's still asleep.

Would probably be hungover when he woke up.

So she let him sleep even more, and got out of the bed.

Feeling her legs all wobbly and sore, she still got up, not realizing Taehyung was looking at her the whole time.

It didn't sit well with him that she pushed his hand away last night.

He knew that something had gone wrong.

He dreamt of fucking Jimin last night.

Was that not a dream?

Did he fucked Y/N and called out Jimin's name?

And Taehyung decided that that was probably the reason for the treatment Y/N was giving him now.

He observed quietly as the comforter slowly slipped away from Y/N and revealed her body as she made her way to the bathroom.

Her body was very alluring in his eyes.

And upon seeing a number of fresh marks on her back, neck and small bruises on her hip and thighs, he knew that he went hard last night.

And her walk using that trembling legs was obvious as well.

Thinking that he went that hard and called out other person's name into the sex, a pang of guilt slapped his whole existence like a truck.

Moreover that he did that while he was drunk.

And she was totally sober.

He wanted to apologize.

But he didn't know how.

But he had to apologize.

Hearing the phone ringing, Taehyung closed his eyes to pretend being asleep again, as the shower turned off and the bathroom door was opened.

He heard Y/N's rushed steps in answering the call, and he slowly opened his eyes to peek at her again.

She's beautiful.

With wet hair and body that was loosely covered with the small towel, she was smiling into the call with whom it seemed like her mother.

She's beautiful.

Not wanting to take his eyes away from her, Taehyung stayed looking at her even when Y/N had finished talking, and he kept on looking even when she looked his way.

"You're awake?" she asked, aware of the stare only a few seconds before her call ended.

"Yeah,"

"Hangover?"

"A little,"

"I'm going out and probably won't be back until late, so order food for yourself only. Don't worry about the bed when you're leaving, I'll change the sheets later" she told, keeping the wound in her heart to herself by pretending to be okay.

"Where are you going?" he asked, and Y/N's heart clenched, feeling a little angry at the male who was now acting like he cared.

"Nowhere important. Just random places," she walked to the cupboard and took out the clothes she's going to wear for the outing, and halted her movements when she heard his voice.

"I'll bring you there," Taehyung offered, not realizing how he had hurt her even more by trying to be a gentleman.

"No, it's okay. You should cure your hangover first," she turned to face him a little, and smiled.

But Taehyung realized immediately that the smile wasn't the same smile she gave to her mom when they talked earlier.

It was dim.

It didn't reach her eyes.

The gleam in her eyes weren't there when she smiled at him.

And that gave a pinch of pain in Taehyung's heart, as various thoughts ran through his head.

What if one day she won't smile at him at all?

Will they be strangers even more than now when they passed by each other at the hallway?

What should he do to make her eyes sparkle again as she smiled at him?

Should he start greeting her when they met each other at school?

Wouldn't she be weirded by that?

Would her friends tease her if he were to do that?

What about the other students?

What will Jimin say?

Jimin.

Jimin?

Fuck.

Taehyung cursed in his head.

Why did he have to think about Jimin when he wanted to mend things with Y/N?

And that's when Taehyung realized, he was starting to see Y/N in a light he never thought he'd see in anyone other than Jimin.

Now, he had to decide.

Whether to keep loving Jimin who's now Jungkook's boyfriend and hurt Y/N even more,

Or?

Start moving on from his taken best friend and get everything straight with Y/N before he fucked up everything with her, to the point of no return.

--

a/n : I think this is the first time I wrote a story in third person's point of view (POV).

Edit: no, I did third person's pov for After Work as well. It's a Jikook ff.