Part 2

Part 2

“Oh didn’t I tell you about the phone call I received from a certain Julian Casablancas?” I said as I pointed towards him and my brother who were trying to make themselves look less like they were smoking around the trees and more like they were ‘making sure the trees were ok’ as one of the strictest teachers in the school walked by them.

“You two boys aren’t misbehaving are you?” Ms Evans said.

“Oh no miss!” Julian said innocently as he hid his smoke behind his back.

“We’re hurt that you’d even suggest it.” Nick also had his smoke hidden behind him until the teacher entered the school and could no longer see them. Just as I saw Ms Evans push open the doors that led into the school I back glanced at Julian to see he was gesturing first to his wrist, where a watch would be placed, and then to his temple. He wanted me remember what time that we were meeting today. I nodded. As if I’d forget that I was meeting with my biggest crush. Even if it was just to write a job application.

“What happened Zo?” Ty said.

“Oh right. Well…” I was recalling what did actually happened so I could tell Ty.

It was a normal day and Nick and I had just dropped off Jules at his house after we dropped by the café to get a smoothie each. We had been discussing who the worst teacher in the school was and we still hadn’t come to a conclusion even though we had been talking about it since school ended nearly an hour ago.

“Let’s just say 90% of the teachers at our school are shit. Ok?” I was trying to end Julian and Nick’s rather heated debate.

“Yeah, actually, you’re right.” Julian agreed with me opening the car door and picking up his bag. I smirked as Nick turned around to look at me.

“See ya tomorrow Jules. And get ready early so we can try to not be late to school for once.”

“Yeah yeah. Whatever Nick.”

“Bye Jules.” I said to him waving.

“See ya” he said as he waved back. Nick pulled out of Julian’s drive way and we were on our way home.

After making my way up the stairs to my room I fell on to my bed. I was so tired but I really needed to write an application for a job that I wanted so badly at the record shop on the other side of town. The application was due in a week and I still hadn’t started so I decided to call Julian for some help. Since he always said he wanted to be in a band when he was older and I thought he could be some help.

“Hello?” He answered my call after a few rings.

“Hey Julian. It’s me.”

“Oh hey Zoe.” There was an awkward silence as I momentarily forgot why I called him.

“Um… would you be able to help me write my application for the record shop on the other side of town? I thought you could help a bit cause you always say that you want to be in a band and you love music and everything.”

“Oh yeah sure. That’d be cool.” I released the breath that I didn’t even know I was holding after he said this. Why was I so nervous?

“Thanks so much.” I said trying to sound calm.

“So do you wanna meet up at lunch tomorrow so I can help?”

“Yeah. That’d be awesome. Thanks again.”

“Ok. I’ve got to go now but see you tomorrow.”

“Bye Jules.”

“Bye.”

I was so happy that he agreed to helping me write my application that I didn’t feel tired anymore. I felt so excited that it’d be just Julian and I at lunch tomorrow. I made my way down stairs to see Nick in the kitchen making himself a grilled cheese sandwich.

“Why are you so happy?” he asked me. I had a huge grin on my face so I could see why he was asking.

“Oh nothing.” I replied

“What happened?” he asked again as he started eating his sandwich.

“You know how I have to write an application for the record store?”

“Yeah. So?”

“Well I still haven’t done it so I asked Julian to help me tomorrow and he said yes.” I said excitedly still smiling.

“You know I could’ve helped you?”

“Yes but…” I trailed off trying to think of an excuse.

“You just want to spend time with Jules don’t you?” Nick had figured it out. I mean he knew that I had a huge crush on his best friend but he enjoyed teasing me about it. I was now annoyed and no longer grinning although I was still smirking.

“Yes. And plus I didn’t want you to help me cause you’re my brother.” I stated as I walked out of the kitchen. Now I was annoying him.

“Whatever!” he yelled at me through a mouthful of bread and cheese.

This brought us back into the present and by the time I had finished explaining it all to Ty school had started.

“Come on. Let’s go.” She put her hands into her pocket after I did and we made our way to our first class, which we had together, smiling.

-

The day went smoothly although I got told off by many teachers for day dreaming. Why wouldn’t I day dream? I know we were just writing my application but I was really happy to be writing it with Julian.

The bell rang to signify that lunch had begun as Ty and I were packing up our stuff to head out.

“Ok so I’ll see you after lunch in English?” Ty asked me.

“Yeah. Bye.” I said. I was heading for the tree that Julian had told me to meet at.

“Good luck!” Ty yelled in my general direction.

“Thanks!”

I arrived at the massive, old oak tree to find Julian sitting at one of the few benches that were placed around the tree for people to sit at.

“Hey Jules.” I said sitting down beside him shivering.

“Hey Zoe. Do you want my spare jacket?” He pointed towards his bag which probably contained the jacket he was talking about.

“Um… yes please. Is that ok?” I really did want his jacket but I wouldn’t take it unless he was sure I could use it.

“Yeah sure.” Julian took a leather jacket out of his bag and placed it over my shoulders.

“Thanks.” The leather jacket was already helping and I hadn’t even been wearing it for that long.

“Do you wanna start now?” He asked me as he brought out a pen and writing book from his bag.