7.

Mary

When I woke up the next morning, he was not in the bed.  What could I expect. It's Axl. I'm sure he was used to not staying with the woman he made love to. But we didn't do any of that. I got up and changed to some clean clothes. I walked out of my bedroom and my mom called. "Hey mom!" I say into the phone as I pour myself some cold water into a glass. "Hey, how are you holding up?" She asked. Oh well me and Axl slept in the same bed last night. "I've been good, we went grocery shopping yesterday" Sam walked in and smiled.

Behind her came Izzy. My mouth gapped open as they sat on the couch together. "That's good. Well plans have changed I'm coming home today, and I'll get there around dark" it made me sad almost. I loved my mom honestly.But something about being alone and being able to do whatever I want, made me happy. I won't be able to see Axl anymore. What is wrong with me. I don't want to see Axl! "Oh that's good!" I state as I looked over at Sam. She was now enjoying herself with her boyfriend. I wanted that so bad.

I got off the phone with my mom,sat down by Sam. "My mom is on her way here" I tell her and she looked like she felt the same way I did. "I'm gonna take the garbage out" I tied the bag up and walked out. It was foggy but I could still see the end of out road. I walked slowly. Opened the lid, and sat the bag in the ben. Suddenly something tapped my shoulder. I turned quickly and met his face. " you're a little jumpy this morning" he laughed as he pulled out his cigarettes and lit one up.

The smoke went right in my face, I moved a little. "Do you usually watch people in the morning?" I retorted back at him. While I started to walk back the house. "Mhm do you usually watch people make out at hotels?" He referred back to when I caught him and that girl. "Mhm no, I just don't hoe around like some people" I wouldn't normally talk back. But he made me mad. He always got what he wanted. And that's what I disliked.

"Mhm" he was thinking. "Well why did you let a hoe sleep beside you in your bed then?" My anger was going up. He was right though. I didn't tell him the leave. "Axl, just please stop, i shouldn't have let you sleep in my bed. In fact I should have never got into that van when you jumped on me" I turn to him. He walked close to me. His breath fanning my face. His nose so close. I wondered if he could hear my heart pounding.

"But you love me" he said it so confidently, like he actually believes it. "Now why would I love someone who sleeps with groupies?" I tell him. He looked angry. So I took my chance and walked off. At that moment I new we would never be together. The look on his face was so angry and sad at the same time.

•••

Over the next few days we didn't see the boys. They were most likely doing the concert or doing some gigs around town. My mom came home. Me and Sam sat around doing nothing. We had a lot of things to do when we were with the boys. But now, now we sat around like we just hated the world. I felt bad. I felt bad for saying that to Axl. I called him a man hoe. I'm confused.Does he want me. Or maybe he just loves playing games with me.

"Wanna go into town?" My mom asked as she folded the clothes on the couch. "Sure" i had nothing better to do. We walked into the grocery store. The smell of bread filled my nose. I walked over the vegetable aisle. I looked over and there was an old man. He looked familiar, then I froze. He looked over to me. And his face. It was the homeless man that i gave my money to. He looked clean. He had a nice shirt on, some good looking jeans. He also had a cart full of food with him.

Confusion filled me. Was he a fake homeless person. He must have noticed. "This man helped me out, he gave me money and got me a job, he also said that if I needed anything I should come to him" he continued "He said his name was Axl" My heart froze in my chest. "Axl?" He nodded and smiled. The world stopped. Axl had gave this man a second chance at life. All because he saw me help him out. At this moment. I realized, he was right. Axl was right. I was in love with him.

Axl Rose had a heart after all. I felt my my own swell from happiness. It has only been a couple of months. But I've found myself falling for him. Deeply as well. I almost didn't believe it. But it's Axl. He saw me give this poor old man my money. I felt like I couldn't breathe. It was hot, so I walked outside to cool down. It didn't help. I leaned on the wall and something poked me. It was poster wall.

Contact the number above for tickets at the Guns N Roses tour in Cash creek. On the 26th of June- 14th of November.

For more details look below.

The 26th. That's in a week. The band is leveling town. For 3 months? I felt my heart break. I knew I couldn't go with them. But why would Axl not tell me anything. Maybe because we aren't a couple. I'm overthinking everything. He helped a homeless man. Then now he was going to leave? Just like that. Did it not mean anything to him. I wondered how it would work out with Sam and Izzy.

I sat in the car while my mom just shopped. I couldn't think. I just wanted to curl up in my bed and never leave. Ever. When I got home I went inside and decided to go swimming. Sam was inside on the phone with Izzy. So I took my chance. I put a one piece on. And walked to the doc. It was beautiful. The smell of a storm brewing up. I enjoyed the storms that we would always get.The beautiful blue clouds, the wind howling far away, the sound of thunder, the small droplets falling.

The smell of fresh cut grass roamed in the air. I wanted him to hold me at this very moment. I wanted to feel what Sam felt like in Izzys arms, to hear his voice soft in my ear, but I couldn't. I guess I had his music. Music that was the closest thing I could get to. The closest thing to feel like he was in my ear. But I never would have that. Maybe it's a good thing. But at the end of the day I love him.

And love it's just a game for him.

***

It's been two months. Two whole months of me reminding myself that I feel for Axl then he left. Without saying anything to me. We went back to my hometown. Started school, fell into the same routine. Most of the time I would avoid GNR music. I would lay at night and cry. Cry for what seemed hours. I felt sad. Felt my heart break at the thought of him. He was everywhere. MTV, newspaper's, the radio, Sam always talked about Izzy. I could tell she really loved him.

In the weekends she would visit him. But it's only been one time and she couldn't afford the gas. Her parents hated him. 'He's a stupid  guitar player, it will pass it's not love' she quoted her parents while she sat down in front of me at lunch. "They hate him" she cried out as she aggressively took a bite out her hamburger. "Well maybe if they met him they would like him" I sat my bag down. The noise of students filling the big room. Talking about their summer and whatever they did.

Honestly school got my mind off of the things that happened. Off of how he touched me in the car. "No way" Sam was like her parents in a way. When she thought something you couldn't change her mind. So she obviously thought the world was over. "So how have you been?" I told her how I was without him. And that he left without a goodbye. "I've been good I guess" I spoke as I looked down at my food, trying to look anywhere but her eyes.

"Mary, you need to stop this, it's eating you day by day" She finally stop beating around the bush. "I know Sam, it's hard. It's hard to let go of someone" I sat there and really tried to hold the tears in. So hard. But she always looked pass it. "Mary don't do this" she got up and walked beside me, sat down and hugged me. "Now are you ready to go to class?" She asked and I nodded. Maybe I could get over this maybe I just needed someone to distract me?

<3