You Opiate This Hazy Head Of Mine

/ / Y O U O P I A T E T H I S H A Z Y H E A D O F M I N E / /

"I hope you're happy. Honestly. Stay Safe."

"Wow slutting it up with rockstars looking for ur 15 secs of fame?"

"Please call me, I'm so sorry, I just want to explain, I'm not looking for forgiveness...just closure."

Matty reads the texts from over his girl's shoulder, texts that have taken a week and two days for her to finally read through. They're both seated on the floor cross-legged in the new flat, rolling a ball to Arabella who's recently learned to crawl about and sit up right. The apartment had actually already been furnished, just mattresses needed and since then, the boys had been crashing there, sometimes Matty would sneak out to be with Marcy or vise versa but ultimately, it was probably the best drunken decision George has ever made.

"Brian seems bitter. So does this Courtney person. Natalie...I dunno," He comments as Ari throws the ball, missing them by a few feet. Marcy crawls over to get it, faking a smile as she tosses it lightly to the little one. Matty feels bad. He should say something, but he isn't quite sure what exactly to say.

"What do you mean you don't know?" Her voice is light and airy but there's a tremor and Matty's hands get clammy. He doesn't want her to cry, that all she's been doing lately, isn't it?

He tries to pick his words right, because Marcy has known Natalie for a few years, to the point where they had been the best of friends, although it might have had ulterior motives on Natalie's side if Matty really thought about it. But Marcy's said so herself, that she doesn't hate Natalie, though she was heart broken, more so than she was with Brian. It was Natalie that shifted her balance. Natalie had been her shoulder to cry on, her rock when ever she needed and they had once shared a bond that hadn't exactly gone deeper than Marcy's bond with Jamie and Anna, but it had been deep enough for Marcy to trust Natalie with her all.

"When I spoke to her at the party," Matty starts cautiously at the very moment Ross walks in, waving hello to them before dropping to the floor beside to play with Ari. The little girl crawls over to him, immediately infatuated with his beard and runs her chubby little fingers over the rough patch, squealing excitedly. "Can you give us a moment?" Matty asks, already getting up. He holds his hand out to Marcy and she takes it almost reluctantly.

"Yeah, sure mate," Ross says, his voice directed to Ari in a coo, but his response directed to the couple before him. Matty pulls Marcy away to what was now considered his room. It was minimalistic, furniture that was necessary, a nightstand with askew books from his favorites, white furniture accented with dark blue accents being his sheets and his carpet and a minimalistic portrait on the wall.

He sits her on his new bed, kneeling in front of her, opting to reach her level instead of forcing her to reach his. He licks at his bottom lip and she watches expectantly, chewing on the insides of her cheek. "At the party," He starts again, "Natalie was talking to me about you, Marcy."

She furrows her brows, finding his hands blindly, "What did she say?"

"Well, I hadn't really put it together until recently," he admits, honestly, "I didn't know who she was, and she never mentioned your name. She said she used to have this friend and she'd blast my album whenever she could with her. She said you were too good for her, Marcy. She used to pull you out of class so you can go to the mall and she'd treat you whenever you aced all your tests and you'd help her study and the two of you would talk about everything and nothing. She was harebrained and you were her voice of reasoning. You opiated her." Matty swipes at the bottom of Marcy's eyes, hesitating before continuing, "She said she had a crush on your boyfriend and took it too far one night, then she lost you and that it was the worst heartbreak she's ever felt."