Chapter 3

In the end, Fei Qianchi walked away with a hardened face.

Su Baicheng looked at the distant figure of Fei Qianchi.

"Baicheng, what are you trying to do?" Having been by his side the whole time, Wei XueLu finally spoke up. His sword hung on his back, his hair tied back by a ribbon.

Su Baicheng gazed at the sky. In the end, he smiled. "One day, he will become stronger than me, it's easy to tell. I am preparing everything in case the mastermind of this whole mess is too strong."

Hearing this, Wei XueLu's brows slightly furrowed. He opened his mouth, as if he was going to say something but he stopped himself. After debating for a while, he whispered, "I will protect you. I am your sword and shield."

Hearing this words, Su Baicheng shook his head. His red eyes turned to Wei XueLu, who stood still with firm eyes. "You deserve to live unlike me. I have exhausted all my life and the end for me is coming soon. I saved you. However, your loyalty to me is something that I don't deserve."

Su Baicheng thought about it often. His sword and shield. Perhaps if it was someone else, Su Baicheng wouldn't care, but Wei XueLu was different. The man had saved him and in turn, he had taught him everything he knew. As centuries passed, Wei XueLu was someone who never wavered, someone who was never willing to betray him. Because of this, the trust between the two of them couldn't be broken.

Wei XueLu smiled lightly, a small curve appearing on his lips. "Only you deserve my outmost loyalty." His eyes glimmered. "From the moment we met, everything was set in stone."

Su Baicheng closed his eyes at this. If it was someone else, their heart would be warm. But he was different. His heart was cold, a result of the demonic cultivation he practiced, the Unfeeling Dao.

At that moment, a small ripple caused the Qi around them to fluctuate.

Su Baicheng opened his red eyes as his brows furrowed. On the other hand, Wei XueLu took out his blue sword, holding it in his hand. His eyes narrowed, menacing.

At that moment, a small laugh was heard. "Sect Leader Su, how have you been?"

Su Baicheng, having heard this voice, sneered. "Speak of the devil and he appears. Ran Mengyu, why have you come?"

Ran Mengyu laughed. His voice was spread throughout the peak. However, only Su Baicheng and Wei XueLu heard this voice.

"I've come to visit everyone. After all, it has been a long time since I've come. After I wrecked havoc for everyone, I was a bit saddened to see that it didn't affect you. Of course, there are many tricks that I wasn't aware of. Not to mention, my own pet had a sly mouth and couldn't do what I said."

Wei XueLu's hand gripped even tighter around his sword. His aura continued to drop and expand.

Su Baicheng didn't seem impatient as he continued looking at the cup that had been left behind.

"You're behind the countless deaths." Su Baicheng's eyes were cold. The aura around him became menacing as it spread, enveloping the peak, trying to find Ran Mengyu.

"Of course, I am. However, I am only an accomplice. There is someone even stronger than I am fooling with all the sects around you. You should know, there is someone higher than me." Ran Mengyu chuckled, drawing out his sentence.

Su Baicheng wasn't mad nor was he angered. His heart remained calm without a ripple in it. "And what did he offer you?" He didn't know if he would receive an answer, but Su Baicheng still asked.

There was a loud laugh, a cackling from Ran Mengyu. His voice rung out, as if he was standing right next to them. However, he was far away in reality.