Chapter 20 : Bride and Groom

(Y/N's POV) 

You had spent all morning with Arianna, getting ready, heading to makeup appointments, and finally, slipping into Arianna's car to head to the venue. You saw Klavier and David standing in the hall, chatting up guests, and felt a deep longing form in your chest, wanting to run to Klavier and throw yourself into his arms, but you knew to hold back.
You and Arianna were escorted to a dressing area in the back of the venue, where many assistants from the boutique helped you both into your gowns, and pinned your veils to your hair. You were passed a bouquet of flowers, and sat while your bridesmaids, and your family milled around busily.
Your father looked dashing, with a new gold tipped cane that matched the tie on his suit, ready to walk you down the aisle, and your mother looked lovely, with a blush gown that complemented the glow of her skin. She had been in tears all morning, holding your hand and declaring, "I can't believe my baby is getting married." several times. Your father just stood beside her, clearing his throat, gruffly, a couple times.
You yourself were in a quiet panic. You were so excited you felt like throwing up, and Arianna had been fanning herself and chattering nervously all morning. You examined yourself in the mirror, completely in love with your gown, feeling like a princess, floating on a cloud. 
You glanced nervously at the clock as an attendant appeared to inform you that it was 5 minutes to the aisle, and the grooms were waiting. You began fanning yourself, trying not to break down. You couldn't believe this moment had come.
Had sixteen-year-old you ever imagined one day becoming Klavier Gavin's bride? You were sure you had fantasized about it once or twice (or more) but after Jacob, you convinced yourself he no longer cared. It was due to Klavier keeping you steadfastly in his memories, that you both had arrived at this day.
The tears threatened to roll down your gently blushed cheeks as you thought in awe about the amount of love, loyalty, and dedication that Klavier had for you, and the adoration for him in your heart just about overwhelmed you.

Your father came over, and wrapped his arms gently around you, sniffling softly. "Let's do this, sweetie," he said, hoarsely, as he took your arm and led you over to the entrance to the hall, beside Arianna and her father. You quickly slipped your hand into Arianna's, saying, "Thank you, Ari. For everything," as the Pachebel's Canon, (classic, and agreed upon by all four of you) began playing. You closed your eyes and smiled, loving the deep, elegant sound of the cello, accompanied by the light, airy melody of the piano. You opened your eyes as the doors to the hall opened, and heard the gasps of all the guests, and your husband-to-be as they took in yours and Arianna's appearances in your elegant gowns. 

(Klavier's POV) 

Klavier had been waiting beside the altar for a couple minutes when the cello player and pianist began picking up the melody. He sighed, hearing the melody. Although a rock god, he still adored the sound of the classics, and the canon, which he'd been listening to for months on end, imagining Y/N, as his bride walking down the aisle, accompanied by the soothing melody. He heard a creak as the doors to the grand hall swung open, and he laid eyes on his bride.  
A gasp escaped his lips as he beheld her in her princess gown, with the flowing train, and elegant flowers. Her blushing face was hidden by her veil, but he could tell she was smiling brightly underneath it, as the thrill of the moment overtook her. He longed to lift that veil and kiss her soft lips til she was breathless in his arms.
In less than an hour, she will be my wife... Klavier thought with a shiver of excitement. My wife, my wife, my wife... He chanted as she took her father's arm, and began to slowly glide down the aisle.
He watched her as she glanced around and smiled at the guests, her eyes landing on him and her smile growing wider. The walk up the aisle felt like an eternity as all the bridesmaids passed in front of him and stood to the side, and finally, finally, Y/N's father walked her up to him, and with a teary smile at Klavier, passed his daughter into Klavier's hands.
Y/N passed her bouquet to Ema, as she took Klavier's hands in her own. Klavier leaned forward slightly, whispering to her "You look radiant, like a goddess. My goddess." he said. Y/N blushed and tilted her head up towards him slightly. "You look amazing as well. I can't wrap my mind around the fact that I get to marry you..." she whispered back. Klavier suppressed a laugh. "We are lucky to have found each other..." he softly spoke to her, as the pastor began reciting the ceremonial speech.
Klavier felt himself zoning out a bit, just staring down at Y/N's smiling face while the pastor spoke, til he finally heard Arianna and David being adressed. "Do you, David Stone, take this woman, Arianna Brookes, to be your lawfully wedded wife, through adversity and affluence, til death do you part?" he asked David. David's eyes shone with sincerity as he gazed at his bride. "Arianna, you're the most special person I've ever met. I knew within months of us dating that I wanted you to be mine forever. I am so, so very glad that today, you stand before me, ready to join me as we walk our paths, that our paths might be joined. I love you, Arianna, and I do take you to be my wife." David said, his voice becoming thick with emotion. The pastor smiled gently before turning to Arianna. "And do you, Arianna Brooks, take this man, David Stone, to be your lawfully wedded husband, though adversity and affluence, til death do you part?" he asked Arianna. Arianna cleared her throat a bit, her voice coming out softly. "I do. I want this man to be mine all my life. I do." she said.
The pastor then stepped over to Klavier and Y/N. "And do you, Klavier Gavin, take this woman, Y/N L/N, to be your lawfully wedded wife, through adversity and affluence, til death do you part?" he asked Klavier. Klavier cleared his throat, gazing down at his veiled bride "Y/N, my love, my life, I've known you for so many years now, I can't deny that I loved you, the last time I saw you at that party so many years ago, and now, you've found your way back into my life. I'm grateful for each and every day you have spent by my side. You have made these last few months, where I was at my worst, lovely, blessed, and precious memories. I'm thankful every day that I get to wake up knowing you're in my life, and I'm so glad you have made the choice to become my wife. I do take you to be my bride, Y/N, I do."
Klavier said, unshed tears causing his eyes to shine. He saw Y/N blinking rapidly behind her veil as she squeezed his hands tightly, in a reassuring manner. The pastor cleared his throat, catching the emotion in Klavier's words, and the room was silent as Y/N drew in a deep breath. 

(Y/N's POV) 

Your hands trembled, and your breath hitched with emotion as Klavier finished his vow, and saying "I do." He squeezed your hands tightly, running his thumbs along the ridges of your knuckles, breathing shallowly. You prepared yourself for what was next.
The pastor then turned to you and said "And do you, Y/N L/N, take this man, Klavier Gavin, to be your lawfully wedded husband, through adversity and affluence, til death do you part?" he asked you.
You were silent for a heartbeat, trying not to let the tears roll down your cheeks as you replied, "Klavier, I love you with my whole heart, and I want to be the one standing beside you to support you when you face difficulty, and to have you there to do the same for me. Not just supporting each other during our trials, but also spending our happiest days together. I'm so excited to start my life as your wife, and to spend the rest of my days by your side. I love you, Klavier, and I do take this man to be my husband..." you said, softly, but with passion for the man in front of you.

The pastor smiled, feeling the love radiating from both of the young couples in front of him, and declared "By the power vested in me, I pronounce the couples Arianna and David, and Y/N and Klavier, husband and wife! Grooms, you may kiss your bride."

At that declaration, Klavier grabbed your veil and lifted it quickly over your head, throwing it back over your flower crown, and quickly wrapped his arms tightly around your waist as he captured your lips in the most passionate kiss you'd ever experienced. You returned the kiss deeply, hearing the wedding guests cheering loudly for you. Klavier broke away from the kiss, and pulled you close, leaning down to whisper in your ear. "My wife... my wife... My love, my wife. You don't know how happy those two words make me." 
You smiled, wrapping your arms around his neck. "the words 'my husband' make me happy beyond compare." you whispered back. "My wife, Y/N Gavin. I'm so happy you're mine." he said back. 

The rest of the ceremony was a blur, but you remembered eating lots of Aunt Liesel's cake, and taking so many photos, and Klavier really just being desperate to go home so that he could spend some time alone with his new wife.
The first waltz stuck out in your mind for years to come, the thrill you felt of having his hands on your body as the both of you spun in harmony to the music, and how Klavier could not resist whispering sweet nothings in your delicate ear the whole time.
Your first embrace with your best friend, who also became a married woman that day, and all the things you were so grateful for, Klavier, having parents in your own, as John and Diane had already accepted him as their son, and Aunt Liesel as now a part of your family, and most of all, for your beautiful, kind, loyal husband, who would go to the ends of the earth and back for you. 

Though the both of you carried traumas from your past, some of which you thought you may never be able to move on from, you found healing, and closure, not only in the love which you received from the people around you, but also from the strength you carried inside you. 
Taking your past bad experiences, and instead using it to strengthen yourself, and come out as a kinder, happier, more caring version of yourselves.
You and Klavier spent the rest of your days supporting one another, on your brightest, and your darkest days, and learning what it means to truly commit to and love another person. 
"And I can truly say, I'm very happy now."

(Author's Note. 

That's the end of the story, well, the main one.

If you made it to the end of the story, thank you, I love that you've supported me in this way, and I wish you the very, very best the rest of your life.
Please comment and let me know if you enjoyed the story.

-Chloe.)