Chapter 7

I walked into the building and walked to my locker. Bray came running down the hall.

"Hey Em."

"Hey Bray. What's up?"

"Nothing, so have you talked to your future husband yet?"

"Gross! Don't call him that! I've already told you that we're not getting married. And no. I haven't and could you not bring that up. I don't want that going around school." Lie. Yes, I did talk to him. Truth. I didn't want that going around school.

"Fine, I won't bring it up." He said exasperatedly.

"Great!"

"Love the outfit by the way. Hunter did a great job."

"Thanks."

"Here comes your boy now." I turned around and saw Teddy, Jared and a few other guys walking this way. Teddy saw me and smirked. I guess we're back to normal.

"Hey Emma." He said walking over to me.

"Teddy. What do you want today? And can you make it quick, I've got places to be." I said boredly looking at my watch.

"Nice outfit. Did your brother make it?"

"Yes, he did. Where are you going with this?" I said flatly even though he's piqued my interest.

"You know your taking this really calmly. I thought you'd freak out."

"Freak out over what exactly?" I said defensively crossing my arms.

"You know. How your brother's gay." He said knowing he'd hit me where it hurt.

"What did you just say Anderson?" I said through clenched teeth. My hands curled up into fists. Anger coursing through my veins. I wanted to wrap my hands around his neck and choke him to death.

"Let me break this down so you can understand. Your. Brother. Is. Gay." I wonder if a couple years in prison would be worth it. It wasn't looking to good at this point.

Everyone was watching the Summers vs. Anderson showdown. I heard some of his boys snicker. Even Jared. I saw a girl who was watching us with a smoothie in her hand. I calmly walked over to her and said "Mind if I take this?" She eagerly handed it over and I went over and said "Want some Teddy?"

"Emily, we both know you don't have the guts. So just put the smoothie down and give me that kiss you've been dying to since you met me." He said teasingly. I kicked him where the sun doesn't shine and dumped the smoothie on him.

"That's for my brother who is not gay. Talk about him again and the only way your getting out of it is in a body bag." I walked to my first class English which I unfortunately have with Teddy.

Jared grabbed me as I was walking in I the classroom. "Hey, can I talk to you?"

"What do you want?" I said angrily.

"I'm sorry about what Teddy said back there."

"Yeah, whatever. I've got to go." I said and walked into the classroom. Everyone stared at me when I walked in like I had killed someone which I really was considering. Anything that happens with Teddy spreads like wildfire. I could see guys looking at me with awe for being the first girl to stand up to Teddy and they were checking me out as well and girls with hatred for messing with the schools heart throb and taking the attention of some of the male population at this school. I sat in the back and prayed that no one sat next to me. They probably won't since they consider it social suicide. I thought I was home free until Teddy came walking in and the only empty seat was next to me. He sat down and glared at me all class period while we watched a documentary on medieval literature like Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet.

"Look Teddy. I don't care if your mad at me or not because you had no right to say what you said about my brother. He's not gay and has a girlfriend."

"So that gave you the right to kick me and dump a smoothie on my head?"

"You say something about me that's one thing. Say something about the people I love and we have a problem."

"You know I didn't mean that right?"

"Then what were you doing?"

"If anyone had seen or heard anything I knew a little fight would clear everything up and people wouldn't think anything happened."

"You insulted my brother to clear up some non existent rumors!" I whispered angrily.

"Yeah. You didn't really think I believe your brother's gay?"

"I dumped a smoothie on your head and kicked you. You think I was playing around? I was refraining from killing you... while planning the murder in my head."

"Oh you thought I was serious."

"Maybe a little warning next time."

"You do better with no warning... I might have had another ulterior motive."

"Which would be?"

"To show you that Jared isn't as nice a guy as he seems. So, you still going out with him later?"

"Heck to the no!"

"That's what I thought." I turned back to the film.

He leaned in so his lips were brushing my ear and said "I do like the outfit though. It's about time you showed off that pretty figure of yours. I don't know why you insist on hiding your body. I like it, it's sexy." Then he sat back down and watched the film. I felt the heat rush to my cheeks. He looked at me and smirked. I hated that he was always able to get a reaction outta me.