IX

It was New York again, 2012. It's always the same day, except this time you were seeing something new. This time, unlike any other, when you were usually in the streets seeing the attacks or in your office seeing your co-workers run from the Chitauri. No, this time you were- you were on top of a tower. You had no idea how you got there, but you could see the whole city. Then, you heard voices near you and a huge blue light materializing into the sky. You tried to hide yourself the best you could and hear the conversation going on before you.

"The Scepter,"

"Doctor,"

That voice sounded familiar. You peered around the object you were using to conceal yourself to see Black Widow talking to an older man. You'd never remembered this happening to you. It had to be someone else's perspective, right? Your mind had to be making things up. All you could normally recall from this day was just your usual morning routine. After that, everything was a blur. One day, apparently 2 weeks after the attack, you had woken up in the hospital, fully recovered with no clue who brought you there. It was strange, but you never questioned it. You quickly focused back on the discussion.

"Loki's Scepter. The Energy. The Tesseract can't fight, but you can't protect yourself,"

"It's not your fault. You didn't know what you were doing,"

"Actually, I think I did. I built in a safety to cut their power source,"

"Loki's Scepter..."

You woke up again in the medbay with another terrible headache. You don't know how long you've been out, only that you look to the chair on your right and see Steve napping very uncomfortably. With a bit more attention, you realize your senses are dialed up again. You want to panic, but you keep your cool when Wanda, Widow, and Dr. Cho walk in.

Steve wakes up from the movement in the room and Wanda sits down on the side of your bed. They are all looking at you like they were about to announce the death of someone. Wanda reaches to grab your hand gently, while Widow and the Doctor shut the door and step to the corner. Since your senses are hyped up, you are able to hear the whispers of Widow and Cho's conversation before Wanda turns around, clears her throat, and starts talking.

"Where do I begin?" she starts. "Well, I guess I should mention that when you first got to the compound, I started sensing pain, not physical, but deep emotional pain. I'd never picked up on something that strong, without digging into one's mind beforehand. I tried not to think too much about it, you know? Everyone has their inner demon's, and we had just gotten back from a long mission, and because of the Accords, there was lots of stress built up within the team,"

You looked back up at her, concerned. All of this because of a bad headache? You decided against speaking up or interrupting her. Wanda had to have a point in bringing this up. Hold on, that internal anger, similar to what appeared when you were arguing with Bucky however long ago was trying to take over again. You pushed it down, listening to everything else Wanda had yet to mention.

"I didn't think much of it until the day I met you in person. If you recall, it was the day you were getting ready to publicly announce your relationship. That's when I confirmed it was coming from you. You were almost radiating pain and anger. I didn't understand why you would be experiencing that. I figured that it wasn't my business to pry and I wasn't going to push you, that is until I felt your physical pain from your 'headache' yesterday. I'm not a doctor or master in magic by any means, but Y/N... I think everything corresponds. I think you're developing some type of power."

You'd be patient and listening to Wanda enough. Anger had seeped through your veins. Powers? Who the hell is she to diagnose you to be some mutant?