Birthday - Duff/GNR

My birthday was very recent so I decided to write this fic, enjoy !! <3

I woke up cuddled up next to Duff and I remember something, it's my birthday !! We had plans to go to the studio for a while then I think we might go to dinner together or something

I woke up cuddled up next to Duff and I remember something, it's my birthday !! We had plans to go to the studio for a while then I think we might go to dinner together or something. I got out of bed and went into the kitchen to make a cup of coffee. Shortly after I get situated with my cup on the porch Duff comes outside. "Good morning babe, sleep well?" He asks as he sits on the swing beside me. Weird, he didn't wish me happy birthday or anything. I shrug it off, "Good morning." I reply with a smile. After we finish our coffee we both get dressed and head out to the studio. Once we got there we greeted all the guys and they got set off to work. I was sitting there watching them practice and I couldn't help myself from thinking about how Duff forgot about my birthday. Did he just forget? Is he acting like that and has something planned? Did all the other guys forget too? Do I not mean something to any of them? I was feeling down so I excused myself to a smoke break. While I'm outside in the back alleyway, surprisingly Axl came outside. "Hey Y/N, you seem upset are you okay?" I sigh, "I mean yeah I'm okay for the most part but I think Duff forgot my birthday. I haven't gotten a single Happy Birthday today." I replied sadly as I take a puff of my cigarette. "Oh shit Y/N I'm so sorry, happy birthday! I didn't get you a present so here, go buy yourself lunch or something while we finish up." He says as he quickly gets out his wallet and gives me some money. He quickly hugs me, something he never does, and tells me to go on then goes back inside. That's weird. I shrug and does as he said. I went to a little sandwich shop around the corner and got some lunch.

Meanwhile inside the studio

Axl comes frantically running in. "Guys! We messed up, big time!" "What do you mean?" Izzy asks. "Y/N is upset with us, but especially Duff, because she thinks that we all forgot her birthday." Axl said. "Oh no I don't want her to think I don't love her and that I forgot her birthday." Duff puts his head in his hands. "Hey Duff maybe you should go see Y/N, tell her happy birthday and treat her for a while." Slash says as he rubs Duff's back. "What about our plan? We need everyone here to make sure it's perfect. I want it to be perfect for her birthday because she deserves it." "Oh don't worry about that, we got it! Just go hang out with Y/N!" Steven says reassuringly. Duff sighs,"Alright I'm trusting you guys. We'll be back at our house in about... 4 hours? Thanks guys I really appreciate it." Duff leaves to go find Y/N. The other boys start to get everything ready.

Duff walks around to try to find Y/N. While he's searching he buys a bouquet of roses. He finds her at a sandwich place around the corner.

As I finish my food I look up to see Duff walking through the door. He spots me and comes and sits across from me. "Happy birthday Y/N! I got you some flowers." Awww so he actually did remember! "Thank you!" I reply with a smile. After I pay for my lunch he offers to take me around town and do a little shopping. We went to a lot of different stores and I ended up getting some clothes, a new pair of boots, a pair or earrings, and a new dress that Duff picked out. Soon after we went shopping, it was time to go home. On our way home I noticed Duff going particularly slow. "Are you okay?" I asked him concerned. "Yeah, why?" "You seem nervous and you're driving kind of slow." "Yeah babe I'm fine I promise." "Alright then." Once we got home there was a few extra cars in the driveway, weird. We went inside and it was pitch black and suddenly the lights come on. "SURPRISE!" I look around with a big smile on my face and see all my friends and family, as well as the boys. "Thank you so much everyone!" I go around the room to talk to everyone and tell them thanks for coming. I finally got to the boys and hugged them all one by one. "Hey Y/N! Happy Birthday!" They all somehow said in unison. "Hey boys thanks for coming!" "Do you like all the streamers and stuff I worked hard on them just for you!" Steven asked me nervously. "I love them! You did a great job, all of you!" "Did you really think we'd forget your birthday?" Axl asks me with a smirk. It all clicked in my head. "Ohh that's why you told me to go get lunch and stuff!" I chuckle at myself for being so oblivious. I feel so loved knowing that Duff and the rest of the boys care so much about me and I wouldn't trade it for the world. We partied for the rest of the night and had a blast!