Chapter 2

When morning came, Merida opened her eyes and got up out of bed. She yawned got out of bed and went to her wardrobe and picked out a dress and got it out, her dress was navy blue. She grabbed her cloak, bow, and arrows when she was done getting ready she heard a knock at her door." Come in." she replied, once the door opened she turned around and saw it was just her mother who walked in and close the door behind her." oh, hey mum." she said while putting on her cloak looking at her, her mother walked up to her and gave her a hug, she hugged her back." Happy birthday, Merida." Elinor said, Merida, broke the hug." Thanks." Merida said letting go." Mum, I just want you to know, I don't know how long I'm gonna be gone, but I just want to let you know that I'm gonna be out in the forest." Merida said looking at her." Okay Merida, just be careful." Elinor said." I will... And mum, have you seen dad? "Merida asked, Elinor, is trying to remember back for a moment." Yes, he is downstairs eating." Elinor said looking at her with a smile." Thank you." Merida thanked her while rushing out of her room and went downstairs.

Once she went downstairs, she saw her father eating at the table along with her three wee devil brothers, she walked up to him." Happy birthday, lassie." Fergus said smiling and looking at his daughter." Well, I better get going, I'll see ya later dad." Merida commented walking out.

She went out to the pit where Angus was and hopped on him and then took off. They were in the forest, Merida went to the same place where she saw and freed the night fury, she got off of Angus and walked up to the spot but it wasn't there anymore but when she was about to leave she heard the roar she looked around till she looked up and saw it flying somewhere, she got on Angus and followed it, it landed somewhere, she tried searching for it but it was nowhere. She was about to head to the other direction till she heard the will O'the wisp, they were leading her on a trail." Maybe they know where the night fury is." she said to herself, she rode Angus to follow the trail when they were following them the last one disappeared. Merida was confused at first but she heard a groan, she got off of Angus and followed the sound. It was at the circle of stones laying down at the center.

Merida got off of Angus and walked straight towards it quietly, when she was about to touch it, it growled at her, Merida carefully touched it and it completely calmed, when she touched its head it groans a little like it was hurt or something." Sshh easy, let me look around you to see what's wrong?'' she said looking around it. She saw the big scratch mark on its leg." Oh no. You're hurt." she said while looking at it." That's why you were growling at me because you're hurt." Merida said looking at its leg, it groans a little, Merida was thinking about something to heal its leg then she remembers back her father taught her about healing." I'll be right back." she said to it, it was laying down relaxing.

Merida rode Angus to the woods trying to find an antidote that her father taught her of healing ingredients and picked out the right ones to heal its leg there were red berries the right ones that will heal they were called the dragon's leg the yarrow root, she grabbed it and rode back to where the night fury was, it was still resting waiting for Merida. Merida ran up to it, and it groaned a little." Shhh it's ok, these berries will help you." she said while giving it.

It ate it, when it was eating, Merida looked around it and she figured that it was a male." You're a male night fury." Merida said, the male night fury groaned a little at Merida, Merida looked at him and saw his eyes and found out his eye color is teal." You have a teal eye... Hey, that's it, I'll call you Teal." Merida said looking at him, the male night fury purred a little at her, telling Merida that he likes that name. Before Merida could say anything else she heard growling, she looked at Teal like he was hungry." Ye hungry Teal." Merida asked her, Teal growled." I'll take that as a yes." Merida said to him.

Merida was thinking for a moment about where she could get a fish till she figured there's this one place that Merida and her mother went to get a fish, when her mother was a bear, Merida turned back to Teal to see how he was doing. So that she could take Teal with her to the river." Can ye walk boy?" Merida asked, teal looked up at her and gently tried to stand.

When it stood up a little Merida went up to him and put her hands underneath Teal's chin." Easy boy. Let me help you." Merida said while she put one hand underneath his neck and the other under his chin." Come on boy. Let me help you get to the river." Merida said while slowly walking teal to the river while Angus was right behind them.

When they got to the river, Merida gently laid Teal down on the grass." There you go teal." Merida said. Merida found some sticks so she could start the fire. When she was about to start it up, teal fired it up for her from the blast that came out of his mouth, Merida looked at him with a smile on her face." Thanks, boy." Merida said while looking at him." Let me get ye some fish." Merida said while standing up. Merida walked into the river getting out her bow and arrows.

It took her about minutes to get the fish, Merida shot eight fish, and when she was done with that she got out of the river while carrying eight fish on her arrows. She walked up to the fire pit and lay them down on the grass while looking at teal." how are ye feeling boy?" Merida said, teal groaned a little and Merida knows that he was hungry, so she picked up four fish and took them off the arrows one at a time. When that was done Merida looked back at Teal while giving teal the fishes." Here boy." Merida said while giving them to him, and Teal ate them. Teal stuck out his tongue that he wants more, Merida giggled and she gave teal the other seven." There you go, boy." Merida said while smiling, when teal was done eating the fish, Merida checked his leg.

When she checked his leg it was completely healed, Merida looked back at Teal." You're all better boy?" Merida said, Teal groaned a little and he was glad to hear what Merida told him. So Teal stood up and walked around while he was walking around. Merida was smiling and was happy that Teal is better. Teal walked over to Merida and licked her face, Merida giggled while petting him when that was done, Teal nudged Merida to get her attention. Merida turned around and looked at him with confusion." What do ye want boy?" Merida asked Teal but before she could say anything else, Teal put Merida on his back." Hey, Teal What Are Ye Doing!!!" Merida shouted then Teal flew up into the air, Merida wrapped her arms onto his neck with her eyes closed.