TSC 2 Devon

Author's Note 

this chapter is based off of disturbed's inside the fire video.....my apologies to anyone offended by how i write about suicide, or how i portray this song 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

   A million thoughts were going through my head as I pushed off the chair. Right before I did, one thought seemed the clearest. I wasn't going to heaven. I would join him in hell. That was my only wish, to be reunited with Ash. I didn't realize that Logan would be home before I died. 

    As oxygen deprived as I was, I could faintly hear him yelling NO. He ran towards me and lifted my near dead body from the noose. I blacked out after that, expecting still to die. But, how could this be death, when I can still feel the pain. Death is supposed to erase that. It wasn't until I heard a voice saying, "Devon, baby wake up," that i realized I was still alive. 

     I opened my eyes, to see what looked like a hospital. Logan was kneeling on the ground, praying. Quite odd for him, he was never a religious guy. We had been roommates going on four years, and not once had I ever seen him go to church. I never realized he cared this much about me, either. "Hey," I croaked out. He turned, relief on his face.  

    "Where am I?" I had asked him. If I had really looked, I would have been able to tell. I've been here. I was back in the asylum. It looked the exact same it had when I was here before. I tried to move my arms, but something was holding them back. It was the familiar feel of a straitjacket.  

      Last time I was here, they waited until after I woke up to put me in one. I guess they weren't taking any more chances with me. Logan looked at me, the question I knew he'd ask in his eyes. He wanted to know why. They always wanted to know. I bit my lip, and was surprised to find they'd left my rings in. I guess there isn't much damage you can do while you're straitjacketed.  

      The worst part was I had heard him. He was calling me fron inside the fire. How I longed to join Ash in the fiery pits. I hope he'll understand that in a way, I still am inside the fire. Just not with him