Chapter 5: Concord #2

(Y/N)'s POV

Preston: "Thank god you showed up when you did or we would have all died! The names Preston Garvey, Nice to meet you."

(Y/N): "Nice to meet you also, Name is (Y/N). Glad I could help." I said with a smile

Preston: "Wow meeting somebody who is nice...that's rare in the commonwealth. Look I know you just got done helping us but their is no time for heavy introductions, more raiders are going to be here soon and we could really use your help, and we have a plan."

I thought about and I decided to help them some more because they seem like they really needed the help.

(Y/N): "Alright Garvey I'll help y'all out." I said and the dog barked in agreement.

Preston: "Looks like you have dogmeat with you, he is a very reliable dog but I'm surprised he is sticking with you. He normally doesn't do that."

(Y/N): "So your name is dogmeat?" I said while looking at the dog. "That's a cool name." I said while petting him

Preston: "Anyway we have a plan to help deal with the raiders, Sturges tell them the plan."

The man who was typing away on a computer turned around to look at me. He looked like a mechanic like person so he must have a good plan.

Sturges: "So I'm guessing you saw the crashed vertibird that's on the roof of the museum, it's kinda hard to miss. Well that's a pre-war vertibird and next to it is a suit of power armor, free for the taking. My plan is that you go get the fusion core in the basement, then go to the room where the crashed vertibird is, put the fusion core in the power armor, then in the vertibird their is a minigun and with the power of the suit, you should be able to rip the minigun off the vertibird and use it on the raiders."

(Y/N): "I guess I could try that plan. Alright I'll do."

Preston: "Good...maybe our luck is finally turning around. When you get the power armor and are outside, I will assist you from the balcony....Good luck and thank you."

I nodded at him and went to the basement where I saw the fusion core, the problem was it was behind a lock door. I noticed the computer that was next to the door so I went up to it and started to use my skills I learned from an old friend to hack the computer to get the door open. After a minute of hacking the computer I finally got the door open and I was able to get the fusion core so I headed back upstairs and went into the room all the people were in because I need to cross this room to get to the room with the crashed vertibird but before I could a old women stopped me and said:

Mama Murphy: "Be careful kid, something big is coming and it's not happy."

I was a little weirded out by this but I brushed it off and went to the room with the crashed vertibird and just like Sturges said there was a suit of power armor sitting next to the vertibird. I put the fusion core into the set of power armor and got inside the suit of armor. It was pretty easy to move around in the suit, I was expecting it to be more difficult to be honest. I then went over to the crashed vertibird and ripped the minigun off the vertibird and I was honestly super surprised I could do that.

(Y/N): "This should definitely do some damage!" I said with slight excitement because come on it's a fucking minigun! It's so cool!