||:Chapter 1:||

Sarah and I had met at our usual area in the park. We were sat at on a blanket, dressed in our renaissance dresses.

"Didn't you have something you wanted to tell me?" I questioned.

She gave a soft smile, "I do, I just wanted to focus on you though. After all it is you're birthday. It's not every day you turn 18."

"I know, but we've been celebrating all day. You were so adamant on telling me before. Are you avoiding it?"

Sarah looked to the ground, "Its just that I don't know if you'd believe me."

"Try me, hun." I grabbed her hand.

"Well you know the Labyrinth, after all it's our favorite book. You also know how I was having dreams where I saw the Goblin King. After a bad day, I said in a fit of rage 'I wish the goblins would take Toby'. Well they did."

I began to laugh hysterically, then stopped as I saw her serious expression, "Oh, you're serious."

"I am. I had to go through the Labyrinth to get him back. Jareth had said he'd fallen for me, but I refused." She looked to me for a response.

"Truthfully this sounds absurd. How'd you get home?" She crossed her arms in response.

"Turns out I had the power to all along. I said some words and off I went." You could hear how proud she was through her words.

"Honestly, still speaking in the sense that this is a reality, it sounds like he did what you asked. Meaning you rebelled over your own poor judgment."

She scoffed, "You just would've had to have been there Y/N. You don't know what you're talking about. This is why I didn't want to tell you!"

"Sarah, I'm doing my best to believe you. This just sounds like another dream to me. But it sounds scary."

"Oh, it was. The book truly doesn't capture the Labyrinth's full extent. I had friends that helped me through it though! You'd love them!" Her face lit up as she spoke.

"You gotta tell me the full story though. It sounds intriguing."

Her and I stayed in the park till dark. Our discussion varied, yet we rarely deviated from talk of her adventure.