forty-four

//

here we gooooooooooo

when you see the * press the video !! heh im so excited

I sit on his lap as the record clicks, the smooth sounds of the bass playing before I hear Harry's voice through the headphones. I see him from my peripheral vision, Adam's apple bobbing in his throat as he fiddles with his fingers.

"Now, the demo isn't all too that polished yet, so for now we've got an acoustic of it, but once it's all done there gonna be some bass in here that's fuckin' cool!" he beams and I smile at him, nodding.

*

I grab his hand and squeeze it, earning a soft smile from him as I listen to the lyrics.

You don't understand, you don't
understand
What you do to me when
you hold his hand
We were meant to be
but a twist of fate
Made it so you had to walk away

'Cause we're on fire
We are on fire
We're on fire now
Yeah, we're on fire
We are on fire
We're on fire now

I tap my foot to the beat, cheeks hurting as my lips stay curled up in a bright smile.

"Listen to this part," he mutters out, squeezing my hand three times as his face shies away from mine. The rasp in his voice was evident, making my head swirl with not so innocent thoughts.

I squeeze my legs together as best as could without him noticing, and of course, I failed. He glances at me for a second with a sly smirk as I swallow.

"I love you too," I whisper into his ear, planting a kiss on his cheek and trying to distract what just happened as the chorus begins to play.

I don't care what people say when we're together
You know I wanna be the one to hold you when you sleep

I just want it to be you and I forever
I know you wanna leave
So c'mon baby be with me
So happily

I look up at him to see him already staring right at me, a wave of emotions crashing down onto me as I figure out what to say to him, my mouth parts slightly ad I try to speak but no words come out.

It's four a.m. and I know
that you're with him
I wonder if he knows
that I touched your skin
And if he feels my traces in your hair
Sorry, love, but I don't really care

'Cause we're on fire
We are on fire
We're on fire now
Yeah, we're on fire
We are on fire
We're on fire now

I'm entranced by the rest of the guys' voices, the way they all mix beautifully, and with each of their bits that make them unique. Zayn's high notes, the rasp in Liam's, Niall's solos (though I did frown at the fact that he had so little), and the way Louis sang with such passion.

They all worked together so well, I could never imagine them apart.

He nudges my nose, snapping me out of my thoughts and I smile at him widely. My mind is swimming as I try to process this whole situation we're in now, and how months ago I was just his childhood friend, that sort- of hated him for leaving me.