Meet in the Club(5)

James ' P.O.V:

I am pleased regarding my jewelry choices especially the diamond ring. It cost quite a lot of money, it was the most expensive piece in the shop. I'm sure she'll love it.

Suddenly my phone rings, I pick it up and move to a different room.

Phone call

Me- mother? Is everything okay?

Mom- everything's great. I just wanted to let you know that Lauretta is in New York.

Me- where in New York? Tell me and I'll leave now

Mom- she's gonna go to 'Raven' at nine for her friend's bachelorette party .

Me- that's another two hours. I have to get ready. Goodbye

End of phone call

I an not a big believer in karma or faith but if this isn't destiny then I don't know what is. Finally, a chance to prove my real intentions to her.

Although it's going to be hard to talk to her without wanting to wrap my arms around her waist and inhale her scent.

Sick as it may be, my addiction to her is real as it gets. Just like a sinner who needs his redeemer to free him from his sins, I am a patient who needs a cure to end his ongoing pain.

But even with my unhealthy obsession towards  if her heart desires to be set free from me, I will leave her alone. I will let her have the final saying.

Despite what I said earlier about me not being a big believer, I pray for her heart to  feel the same as mine. Of course I know  the possibility of her still loving is small, so in my prayers I pray for myself not to fall so hard if I'll need to let her go.

For now though I need to focus.

I looked up the name of the club only to find out it's a two hour drive from where I live. I quickly get up from my office chair and rush to put on Lauretta's favorite cologne and tie.

I get her presents and put them in my car before I call my dog walker. After all the needed arrangements were set and done I started driving to my destination. Usually I would turn on the radio to get distracted from my thoughts of Lauretta but now I needed to stay constrained on my goal.

As the minutes went buy and I got closer to my destination I felt my heart beating faster, the sweat that was coming out of my body and the heavy breathing. I pulled my car over and drank some water before I continued my drive.

Lauretta's P.O.V:

It's been awhile since I went out to a club, but I really miss it. I like clubbing, interacting with people and getting laid.

Damn I'm horny.

I fix my hair infront of the mirror and wear some earrings that match my dress.

(Source: Windsor

(Source: Windsor.
Name of dress: 'Zoey One Shoulder')

I am not going to lie, I usually don't show off this much cleavage but today I wanted to go all out. I need to get my mind off James for good, because if he moved on so should I.

I say goodbye to my parents and brother and call a taxi. The driver talked about his family and I had to pretend like I am intrested in the fact his daughter just got a promotion in a law firm. But there's one thing he said which really made me think.

"You should appreciate yourself and people will appreciate you"

His context was completely different than mine but it still my mind wander. Anyways, I tipped the driver and headed to the clubs entrance.

"Name?" The masculine guard asked.

"Lauretta Clifford " I answered.

"You can go inside " I nodded as he opened the clubs door. When I got inside I instantly heard some pop hits that were played extremely loud.

It took some time to find Ronita among the crowd but thankfully she wore a neon yellow dress which surprisingly looked amazing on dark skin tone.

"Lori! You look aboustly stunning! I am so glad you're here!" Ronita said as she hugged me.

"You look gorgeous as well, your husband is one lucky man!"

I was talking to Ronita and some of her friends when my eyes glanced a familiar face.

James' eyes and mine met fir a split moment before I broke the eye contact and started panicking.

"I am gonna go to the bathroom for a sec"

"No problem "

I got up from the couch and walked towards the rest room while being dizzy. It always happens to me when I am under stress. When I finally get to the bathroom and see that it's empty I go to one of the cells and close the door. I don't bother locking it before I break down to tears.

As tears start to roll down my cheeks and my mascara gets all messed up James burst into the door.

"Lori? Baby? Why are you crying? Is it because of me?" I look up to face blue eyes and stay silent.

"I miss you, Lauretta. I miss the sight of waking up next to  you every morning, I miss your cute expression when I catch you singing in the kitchen and I really miss our movie nights" He says as he brings his face closer to mine.

"I saw you today at the mall, buying engagement rings. So don't sell me this bullshit that you miss me!" I shouted.

"Those rings were for you!"

"W-what?"

"I came here so we can make up" he said between tears. Suddenly Jane's and I found ourselves crying in eachother arms wondering what went wrong.

We both looked at eachothers eyes and got minimized the space between us until our lips were against in eachother. We didn't even think about the serious stuff all we wanted was to satisfy what we yearned for months.

"My mother's apartment is not far from away from here. She's not at home and I have the keys let's go there" I nodded.

We walked out of the club using the exit from the bathroom. I texted Ronita saying I don't feel good and went to James' car.

I tried my best not  to laugh as I saw the bulge in James' pants but some stuff are beyond me.

"Don't laugh, I haven't fucked anyone for months"

"Why?" I questioned.

"To be honest you're the only one who turns me on" I blushed at his answer.

To be continued..