Part 6

Feb 12        Ashton
The noises got closer and closer and they sounded all around us.

And the only weapon we had was a baseball bat. Then Maggie looks at me with a 'what are we going to do' face. "Connor hand me the baseball bat" I whisper. "Now, who said you were going to hold the baseball bat?" Connor asked with a kidish attitude. "Just hand it to me!" I yell whisper. "Fiinnee!" Connor yelled.

Connor handed the baseball bat harshly. "Thank you" I whisper, to seem a little polite. I looked over at Maggie and gave her an nod that told her to 'come here'. She started running next to me. I then whispered " want to come with me to check this out?" " well I'm already over here" she said. "Okay, let's go."

We started running to where the trees were, and we also tried to keep quiet. While I was lightly jogging but making sure not to make a lot of noise I looked over at Maggie. I grinned like a fool. And I was hoping that she didn't see me. She looked over at me and smiled, and I smiled back. "So how far are we going to go out?" she asked. I returned from my daydream. "What?" I asked. "How much more are we going to jog?" She said. "Oh." I didn't know what to say next. I first wanted to search around for the people we heard crunching around, but then I wanted some alone time with me and Maggie. " how about we keep looking" I said "Alright" she replied. We kept jogging a little more. And then she asked "Is it true that you fell asleep next to me?"
' embarrassingly, yes' I said in my head "Nah!" I said. "Connor was just joking around" and I was hoping she believed me. "Ohh! Yeah, Connor likes to joke around a lot" she said. We laughed. Forgetting that we had to keep quiet.

We then heard screaming.

Where are friends were.